Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

18" Wheels on a 02' Firehawk

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 12:21 PM
ek1
Teching In

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 18" Wheels on a 02' Firehawk

Want to store my original stock wheels and tires and looking for a set of replacement wheels in 18" to run with 245/40ZR18 tires. My car is silver. Basically I want a set of rims that look good, are easily replaced and reasonably priced. I really love the stock wheel design (just not in chrome) and also love CETA wheels, but but apparently nobody makes either design in 18". General consensus seems to be that 18x9.5 rims with around 35mm offset should work. So far so good.

I looked at many different American Racing Torque Thrust wheels with black/gunmetal centers and bright lips, but both the polished and machine lips look too shiny to me. Chrome is also completely out of the question.

I sort of like the American Racing VF304 wheels with black lip and gunmetal center, but cannot find any pics of them on an any car, which is a problem.

I also found V705 from AMR wheels in gunmetal. They look good and pretty subtle. Plenty of pictures of them on actual cars. I am worried that they are super cheap. Usually means quality is crappy.

I also know that many people run C6 Z06 rims, but that would be my last resort option (if I can even find these wheels in gunmetal with a correct offset). I looked on Google and looks like they only exist with a 40mm offset from a company called OE Performance (model 117), not sure if 5mm would be an issue. Again, same issue with price - they are pathetically cheap (like $170 a piece).

Any info/advice is appreciated.
Old 05-12-2019, 05:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

There are full writeups and pics in the wheel section.