Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Cars built on Fridays! :)..

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cars built on Fridays! :)..

I know this can't possibly be true cuz machines do most of the work..but I think its funny when people who have new cars..when stuff breaks constantly...they say my God Damn car was built on a Friday..when everyone was ready to go home..and be done for the week so they just shoved everything on as fast as they could..

Technically if machines diddn't built most of our cars..i think this would be kinda true..cuz on Fridays i work about 70% less than any other day..anyone else..???
Old 08-04-2004, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not here~~Gota work entire weekends
Old 08-05-2004, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

ever seen office space? that guy = me. everyone i know thinks i'm just like him. i do 70% less work, everyday.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:41 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

well , this doesn't apply to automobiles,but i work for Peterbilt at the Madison ,TN truck assembly plant.my job is drop engines in the frames, bolt 'em up , route the right side coolant and heater hoses. the QA inspector **** dude (he's not really a **** but VERY picky, lol ) inspects the our work right after this is done. you also have to sign your assigned clock# to a quality assurance sheet so they know who did what.not a real good idea to half *** anything any day of the week. then again we are paid well with very good benefits so the general attitude is to make a reliable , quality product for someone who is shelling out around 100g's for our product.keeps us employed and not laid off with this line of thought. then , the finished truck goes through dyno and yet another thorough inspection before it leaves to be shipped to a dealer. on top of this about once every three months , we get a suprise visit from corporate QA inspectors to inspect the trucks and our inspectors ' findings. whole lotta inspectin' going on here . in conclusion , you're pretty safe to buy a Peterbilt that is made any day of the week. thanks for the opportunity for this shameless plug for Peterbilt and Paccar , Inc. who also owns Kenworth (but Peterbilts are better, lol)
Old 08-05-2004, 07:58 AM
TECH Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by badjuju342
well , this doesn't apply to automobiles,but i work for Peterbilt at the Madison ,TN truck assembly plant.my job is drop engines in the frames, bolt 'em up , route the right side coolant and heater hoses. the QA inspector **** dude (he's not really a **** but VERY picky, lol ) inspects the our work right after this is done. you also have to sign your assigned clock# to a quality assurance sheet so they know who did what.not a real good idea to half *** anything any day of the week. then again we are paid well with very good benefits so the general attitude is to make a reliable , quality product for someone who is shelling out around 100g's for our product.keeps us employed and not laid off with this line of thought. then , the finished truck goes through dyno and yet another thorough inspection before it leaves to be shipped to a dealer. on top of this about once every three months , we get a suprise visit from corporate QA inspectors to inspect the trucks and our inspectors ' findings. whole lotta inspectin' going on here . in conclusion , you're pretty safe to buy a Peterbilt that is made any day of the week. thanks for the opportunity for this shameless plug for Peterbilt and Paccar , Inc. who also owns Kenworth (but Peterbilts are better, lol)
Too bad GM doesn't operate that way.
Old 08-05-2004, 12:33 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

yup , it is . Peterbilt won 3 out 4 customer satisfaction and initial quality by J.D.Power and Associates for 2003 and came in second place to Kenworth (those bastards!) for the fourth category. this was the class 8 over the road segment, vocational segment and heavy -duty truck dealer service. We rule!
Old 08-13-2004, 10:48 PM
TECH Junkie

I went to a GM assembly plant and it takes people, not just machines to put stuff together.
Old 08-14-2004, 02:30 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

sure does , we will build you any truck you want and do it with a lot of pride in our work . we custom build trucks and our plant uses NO robotics except for hood and cab paint.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Fridays , how about Mondays when the come back to work with hangovers!!
I went to the Corvette plant a wile back and the only machines I saw were the ones carryin the parts to the workers. Pretty much all hand built if I remember right.
Old 08-28-2004, 05:08 AM
Staging Lane

yeah i do believe final assembly is all hand done, no computers/machines. i still always check before i buy. And for the Peterbilt Builder lol i like the look of them but i am a suspension mechanic and they have the most horribly designed front and rear suspensions. mostly the rears. i prefer Kenworth's 8 bag bar setup/U-bar setup. although the pivot bushings do wear out a bit quick.

Mike
Old 08-28-2004, 05:14 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Paccar owns both Peterbilt and Kenworth. never realized there were major differences in the suspension. if you're ever down our way ,come take a plant tour, it's pretty cool to see a truck built from just two iron rails to a complete truck. heck , we even build the fuel tanks from scratch.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:42 AM
On The Tree

i know a couple of people that work at lear seats they say they half *** on mondays and fridays when they work at all.they get paid really good money and act like that, it ticks me off to here them say some stuff they do at work. so what im saying is when people say it was built on a friday it could be true.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:15 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Poor Tuesday....nobody gives it any credit.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:31 PM
TECH Addict

Fridays are dead to me. I usually make up reasons to leave the office and go bullshit with friends, or just do personal errands. In fact today I think I have done about 15 minutes of "real" work. Very Office Space style.

Brandon
Old 09-06-2004, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

You Paccar workers need to quit using Stemco wheel seals and one-piece clutch brakes in them and it would make my job alot easier ! lol ! Also would you remember to torque the axle flange nuts and COMPLETELY fill up all fluids ? PDI's would go much smoother if you could do that for me

Quick Reply: Cars built on Fridays! :)..