Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

2004 Trans Am Nationals Coverage?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005 | 06:38 PM
'Bird Director
20 Year Member

From: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Default 2004 Trans Am Nationals Coverage?

Have any of you folks that read High Performance Pontiac ran across coverage of the 2004 Trans Am Nationals in Dayton, OH? In the past, it's ran in the July or August issue of the following year. I used to subscribe, so I had to check the newstand to find out. The current issue doesn't appear to have any coverage, so I was wondering if I missed it. My 'bird has appeared somewhere in the photos shown from the last two events there (2002 & 2003), so I wanted to peak at the 2004 coverage to see if it appears again. Thanks for any help.
Old 07-14-2005 | 09:07 AM
'Bird Director
20 Year Member

Everyone must have decided not to renew their subscription like I did
Old 07-17-2005 | 03:48 PM
11 Second Club

I'll be there for the '05 nationals!

TA Nationals Drags info: http://forums.daytonfbody.org/viewtopic.php?t=826
TA Nationals info: http://forums.daytonfbody.org/viewtopic.php?t=532
Old 07-22-2005 | 12:38 PM
'Bird Director
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by gillbot
I'll be there for the '05 nationals!

TA Nationals Drags info: http://forums.daytonfbody.org/viewtopic.php?t=826
TA Nationals info: http://forums.daytonfbody.org/viewtopic.php?t=532
This will mark my 5th T/A Nationals.
Old 07-22-2005 | 11:13 PM
Staging Lane

It will be my 1st!!

I believe the coverage was earlier...now I have to look, but I'm sure they already had the coverage...Not sure if it was PHPerformance or PEnthusiast....
Old 07-22-2005 | 11:17 PM
'Bird Director
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by VixenTA
It will be my 1st!!

I believe the coverage was earlier...now I have to look, but I'm sure they already had the coverage...Not sure if it was PHPerformance or PEnthusiast....
Cool! Thanks for checking!

You'll like the Nationals.....it's a good time.
Old 07-22-2005 | 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

I definitely look forward to it, reserved and registered...

Anyways, yes...
The coverage was in High Performance May 2005 issue with a red TA with custom black and Mecham design on the front cover....

I didn't see your bird in any of the pics though...two exact (looking) 70's red birds under the airport hotel sign, GM collection, some anniversaries, fenders for sale, 70 1/2 white R/A TA out of resto, LS1 in a 2nd gen, key chain collection, yellow 70's model with a huge cowl, Eddie's black 86 TA with that engine!! rare 84's with the same plates! and in the for sale section a very..well, body kitted white bird...looks really strange...anyways, remember any of those?
That's about it....I haven't looked in the Enthusiast mags...I have them all spread out everywhere in the house
Old 07-23-2005 | 09:46 PM
'Bird Director
20 Year Member

I definitely look forward to it, reserved and registered...

Anyways, yes...
The coverage was in High Performance May 2005 issue with a red TA with custom black and Mecham design on the front cover....

I didn't see your bird in any of the pics though...two exact (looking) 70's red birds under the airport hotel sign, GM collection, some anniversaries, fenders for sale, 70 1/2 white R/A TA out of resto, LS1 in a 2nd gen, key chain collection, yellow 70's model with a huge cowl, Eddie's black 86 TA with that engine!! rare 84's with the same plates! and in the for sale section a very..well, body kitted white bird...looks really strange...anyways, remember any of those?
That's about it....I haven't looked in the Enthusiast mags...I have them all spread out everywhere in the house
Thanks so much for looking into that for me!

I'm reserved myself. Don't forget to check out the Tipp City cruise on Saturday night. It's always a fun time as long as it doesn't rain

The two times my 'brid has appeared in those articles about the show, they've been in the background.....kind have to know where you're looking and what you're looking for cause it's REALLY small

Yes, I remember those cars. I was across the street from the '76 with the LS1 (right along the tech lines). The last two shows I was parked right next to the GM display.
Old 07-25-2005 | 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

No prob!
I will be doing the Tipp City cruise too...I wanna race too, but I think I'll keep it simple...too much stuff to bring along....
Old 07-25-2005 | 12:35 PM
'Bird Director
20 Year Member

No prob!
I will be doing the Tipp City cruise too...I wanna race too, but I think I'll keep it simple...too much stuff to bring along....
It's rained at least 3 (maybe all) of the 4 times I've been to the Tipp City Cruise-In. It's kind of a joke amongst the participants that the chance of rain that night in Tipp City is 100%.

Kilkare is a pretty neat little track. The bleachers for the spectators are RIGHT next to the track. Out of all the tracks I've been to, it's the first one I've seen with concrete pads for the "regulars". That's a nice idea for those who can afford to rent them since the rest of the parking is grass. I went along with a buddy a few years ago the Saturday morning of the T/A Nationals, and watched him race. I couldn't see spending the 25 bucks to race when I can race here in Indy for $12.00. I guess I'm a cheapo It was only like $8.00 to watch.

Quick Reply: 2004 Trans Am Nationals Coverage?