Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Do all WS6 Trans Ams have the badge under the right tail light?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 09:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe all of the WS6 rims should say WS6 in the center cap. The WS6 rims are 17"X9" whereas a lot of people get them confused with the chrome rims that came on some of the TA's that were 16"X8" and they say Pontiac in the center cap. My car's a '98 WS6 and it has the WS6 in the center cap and I have a few friends with 4th gen WS6's and they all say WS6 in the center cap.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:24 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cephiros
damn dude you got 2 purple cars you lucky bastard :p

how did you manage that?
Thanks, man

It was purely luck, to be honest. I found the Formula on LS1.COM for sale... I was actually looking for a '01-'02 Formula to use for bracket racing.. and happened to have it come up in a search. I always wanted a purple LS1, so I jumped on it. I've had it for 2-1/2 years now... and it looks light years better than it did when I bought it. I just had it repainted a few months ago.

The Trans Am I discovered completely on accident at a time when I had enough cash on hand to buy it outright... so I couldn't let it pass me by. I just bought it last week, and it's currently awaiting pickup to ship back to Seattle.

Originally Posted by Louie83
DrEvyl, nice monopoly on the purple people eaters you got going on there.

They are both very nice.
Thanks, man

I can't wait to get a picture of the two cars together.

Originally Posted by MountainMotor
I believe all of the WS6 rims should say WS6 in the center cap. The WS6 rims are 17"X9" whereas a lot of people get them confused with the chrome rims that came on some of the TA's that were 16"X8" and they say Pontiac in the center cap. My car's a '98 WS6 and it has the WS6 in the center cap and I have a few friends with 4th gen WS6's and they all say WS6 in the center cap.
'98-00 will have the same style wheels, and will have the WS6 center cap... '01 and '02 should have the wheels like on that SOM T/A I posted...and those will have the Pontiac.

Little piece of trivia... the '01-'02 WS6 wheel is the same wheel they put on the '95 Firehawk.

Quick Reply: Do all WS6 Trans Ams have the badge under the right tail light?