Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together
View Poll Results: Do you drive with the fog lights on?
Yes
77.10%
No
22.90%
Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

Trans Am owners... Do You Drive With The Fog Lights On?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 01:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by never2low
With headlights on, cause i cant turn them on without headlights popping up. wish i could turn them on without them flipping up.
what year TA do you have?

if you put the parking lights on (even my 86 IROC did it), you should be able to turn on your fogs

and I guess I'll just hafta be dumb for driving with mine all the time....guess that's why it's my car
Old 08-30-2006, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2000 maybe im just dumb.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

yea call me stupid when i hit you because you cut me off and i dont see you pull out
Old 08-30-2006, 04:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
i think it's dumb to drive with them on in the middle of the day. all it is is more current drawn from your battery and 2 more bulbs that will burn out sooner. we have DRL that are on all the time. no need for fog lights being on IMO, especially in the daytime.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:17 PM
TECH Veteran

i think it's dumb to drive with them on in the middle of the day. all it is is more current drawn from your battery and 2 more bulbs that will burn out sooner. we have DRL that are on all the time. no need for fog lights being on IMO, especially in the daytime.
Been driving like that for over 4 years with my '02 and still using the original battery. And a few bucks for a bulb every now & then is well worth the peace of mind I get from knowing I can be seen that much better.......DRL's are great on our cars IF the person who doesn't see you is heading straight at you, since the DRL's are recessed somewhat on LS1 T/A's.....and even though the fogs are as well, mine are aftermarket ones and much brighter then stock.
Originally Posted by Fedge
and I guess I'll just hafta be dumb for driving with mine all the time....guess that's why it's my car

Originally Posted by never2low
2000 maybe im just dumb.
My fogs came on with just the parking lights on my 2000.........as they did on my 95, 96 and my 2002................and all 3 of my IROCs as well.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:39 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Been driving like that for over 4 years with my '02 and still using the original battery. And a few bucks for a bulb every now & then is well worth the peace of mind I get from knowing I can be seen that much better.......DRL's are great on our cars IF the person who doesn't see you is heading straight at you, since the DRL's are recessed somewhat on LS1 T/A's.....and even though the fogs are as well, mine are aftermarket ones and much brighter then stock.
whatever you prefer, it's your car. i just see you yelling at a lot of guys in this thread for saying using fogs is dumb. well, i'm talking about in the afternoon. at dusk or overcast skies, using fogs is smart. at 1 pm on a sunny afternoon, it's stupid. the reason being is as follows: do you know why DRL's are orange? because in the daytime, you really don't notice white light. DRL's can be seen at all hours. running fogs during the daytime is just a waste of current and bulb life. rain, overcast and dusk is one thing. anyone that drives with them on on a sunny day in august is a little paranoid though. but again, whatever helps you sleep at night.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs down

whatever you prefer, it's your car. i just see you yelling at a lot of guys in this thread for saying using fogs is dumb. well, i'm talking about in the afternoon. at dusk or overcast skies, using fogs is smart. at 1 pm on a sunny afternoon, it's stupid. the reason being is as follows: do you know why DRL's are orange? because in the daytime, you really don't notice white light. DRL's can be seen at all hours. running fogs during the daytime is just a waste of current and bulb life. rain, overcast and dusk is one thing. anyone that drives with them on on a sunny day in august is a little paranoid though. but again, whatever helps you sleep at night.
1PM on a sunny day is stupid.????? yeah, sure chotco.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Veteran

For starters I haven't yelled at anyone in this thread so lighten up Francis. Secondly, why do you care if I "waste the current and bulb life"? They are my current & bulbs aren't they? Third, there is never a bad time to have extra lighting if you want to avoid being creamed by some dumb *** not paying full attention to the road.......as for your diagnosis of people using them on sunny days in August as being "paranoid", well, let's just be glad you aren't a shrink since you seem to have no clue what real paranoia is.

And I sleep great at night because I don't spend my time telling strangers on the internet whether I think what they do is dumb or not.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:24 PM
Tech Resident

For starters I haven't yelled at anyone in this thread so lighten up Francis. Secondly, why do you care if I "waste the current and bulb life"? They are my current & bulbs aren't they? Third, there is never a bad time to have extra lighting if you want to avoid being creamed by some dumb *** not paying full attention to the road.......as for your diagnosis of people using them on sunny days in August as being "paranoid", well, let's just be glad you aren't a shrink since you seem to have no clue what real paranoia is.

And I sleep great at night because I don't spend my time telling strangers on the internet whether I think what they do is dumb or not.
again with the hostility. that's the tone i'm talking about
Old 08-31-2006, 03:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, this is getting ridiculous, ...
I think it's about time to lock this one up & throw away the key.
General majority says 'It's just cool' to drive with them on, ...
I'm not cool. But hey, what the hell do I care?, ...
Old 08-31-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Veteran

again with the hostility. that's the tone i'm talking about
Let's see....you smart off to me and then whine & moan when I am not kissing your *** for it being super polite to you in response? Whatever dude. You are the one mouthing off to me about "whatever helps you sleep at night" and all kinds of BS. How about we just drop it and move along with life?
Originally Posted by PontiacFan
Wow, this is getting ridiculous, ...
I think it's about time to lock this one up & throw away the key.
General majority says 'It's just cool' to drive with them on, ...
I'm not cool. But hey, what the hell do I care?, ...
Old 08-31-2006, 03:44 PM
Tech Resident

Let's see....you smart off to me and then whine & moan when I am not kissing your *** for it being super polite to you in response? Whatever dude. You are the one mouthing off to me about "whatever helps you sleep at night" and all kinds of BS. How about we just drop it and move along with life?

what ails you, man? nothing i said in my post was meant to be offensive. "whatever helps you sleep at night" was said in jest, not in hostility or sarcasm. i wasn't "mouthing off" to you. i'm sorry if i think running fog lights at 1pm on a sunny day is redundant and useless, but isn't that my opinion? just like i kindly said
whatever you prefer, it's your car
for God's sake, buy some raid and kill the bug up your ***. and that was said in jest, just like most of my other comments.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:12 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Say goodbye to this thread...When are you people gonna learn?

Quick Reply: Trans Am owners... Do You Drive With The Fog Lights On?