Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together
View Poll Results: GM says you have no choice- camaro or nothing
Yes , I'll buy a new camaro
31.75%
No, go stick your bow tie
68.25%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

GM says firbird owners will have to buy camaro's --will you?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup ..Click on the link to my 81 T/A & you will see why the T/A kicked the Camaro's azz
Old 08-27-2006, 07:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by black_knight
Out of curiosity, what part of my post specifically makes no sense to you? Do you think I'm putting down the 5th gen? I'm not. I'm just saying why it doesn't justify the expense for me.
you have a valid point of view of course. but the post is about "becouse the firebird wont be made will you buy a camaro" well you are arguing that it makes no sense buying a new camaro.... or a new car for that matter. what was ment was probably. "if you were looking for a new car @ the pricerange of the new ponycars wuld you buy a camaro even though the firebird dosnt exist or wuld you buy something else"

oh and EFI, M6 and a ABS system can be put into any car you want... makes no sense buying a car for more money that has it standard if you can just put it in right?
Old 08-27-2006, 07:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by old and good
but the post is about "becouse the firebird wont be made will you buy a camaro"
Well, maybe a little OT. But I think it still applies. Oh, well. Can't undo it now.

oh and EFI, M6 and a ABS system can be put into any car you want... makes no sense buying a car for more money that has it standard if you can just put it in right?
Can't necessarily get an old car and put EFI, M6, and ABS in it for less $$ than to buy a 4th gen. Maybe it's possible but it wouldn't be easy. Hell, I didn't even know that aftermarket ABS existed. Are you sure about that?
Old 08-27-2006, 08:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 434 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Wow... lots of ignorance in this thread.

You obviously know nothing about pre-82 Pontiac. Firebird kicked the Camaro's *** for about a decade.
You must be on crack. Every one knows the firebird was a after thought. The only firebird that ever ran was the sd 455. Other than that Camaro's kicked the **** out of firebirds, oh and certain bigblock Camaro's kicked the **** out of the sd 455. I liked firebirds when they used the Pontiac v8, although it never was as good as a small or big block Chevy but atleast it had it's own characteristics.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:10 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnight
Your personel interests are distrupting this thread, if you want to take it to PM then keep it that way. Quit bringing personel stuff into the limelight. I'm stating my opinion, which is legal nowadays, or else i thought it was, maybe not on LS1tech. People with different opinions want to shut us down who differnetiate from the masses. That's why I call u people sheep.
What personal interests?

Well guess what? This "sheep" as you call me just locked this thread. If anyone has a problem with that, please contact Midnight. Apparently he didn't appreciate me asking him to not post off-topic crap....mainly the stupid redneck comments.

There just cars, who cares? This is why the rest of the world calls f-body owners rednecks
Clearely the Trans Am is better than the camaro.....

Face the facts, each car is owned and operated by an inbread redneck, so its really the same car.
hahahaha.

You are all sheep
Trans Am's are better than anything. FACT.

Quick Reply: GM says firbird owners will have to buy camaro's --will you?