Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Whats My first Gen Worth

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 11:25 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Rawr256
69' TA convertable with that build is my damn dream.

Something about the way those look just makes me drool.

Wasn't there only something like 8 built with the Ram Air IV engine? Maybe that was convertable, I would have to look at my book back at home. IIRC this was the last engine DeLorean had a hand in building before he left GM. Suppose to be a powerhouse.
Good luck getting a legit '69 Trans Am Convertible. They only built 8 of them. You can find clones all day long though if authenticity isn't an issue. There was a guy here in Central Indiana that owned one of the original 8, and he sold it a few years ago for something in the low 6-figure range.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
Good luck getting a legit '69 Trans Am Convertible. They only built 8 of them. You can find clones all day long though if authenticity isn't an issue. There was a guy here in Central Indiana that owned one of the original 8, and he sold it a few years ago for something in the low 6-figure range.

low 6-figure range??

Wow, thats a nice round figure and when I say round I mean fat chunk of money. I thought they never really sold any of those 8 I thought GM just built them for show and never let them go to the dealers. hmm learn something new everyday
Old 02-03-2007, 02:04 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Captainofiron
low 6-figure range??

Wow, thats a nice round figure and when I say round I mean fat chunk of money. I thought they never really sold any of those 8 I thought GM just built them for show and never let them go to the dealers. hmm learn something new everyday
I saw another one of the 8 on Barrett-Jackson last year. Too bad that auction is no indicator of actual car prices.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can get what the others are telling you like $14k you better take it. A restored one in VERY godd condition is only $15-$18k unless it is mint and numbers matching with low miles.