Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

need you opinion

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need you opinion

just got a 1981 trans am the 4.9l tubro nascar edition it has the recaro interior and 64212 origanal KM s on it ...own since new from my grandpa one owner ...never seen winter ....MINT how much do ou guys think this car could be worth ....thanks ??
Old 08-23-2008, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ONLY thing it has going for it is the NASCAR Edition heh So maybe $1K more over normal price, so $3-4K heh
Old 08-24-2008, 07:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Sounds like a wonderful collector car. Nice! Those prices are all over the place and you need to start looking at car auction sites around the country. If truly MINT and you have paperwork to document that history and mileage then you are looking at top dollar. Don't mislead yourself into condition though. Everyone thinks their car is a #1 but real collectors will know what it truly is. A #1 car is restored (usually 'frame off'), showroom condition and a trailer queen. A #2 is an excellent restored car with NO issues or a basically perfect original car. Could that be yours? Most cars will fall into the #3 category which is basically a nice old car. Prices are extremely different in the categories. Old Cars Weekly has auction results every week in their paper. I have never checked them out on-line but maybe they have the results posted there as well. I'm sure an internet search would also give you 'real world' numbers that you are interested in. If you just want a 'ballpark answer' then this is the way to go. Are you going to keep the car for yourself or sell??
Old 08-24-2008, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont know if i im goin to keep in it has ben in my familly since new ...when my grandpa bought it in 1981 ....has all ariganl documents...bill of sale and everything ... i kinda wanna keep it bec its it my grandfather and would be a good keep sake ....but ....not too be rude to him or the car lol ...but it doesnt really do anything for me ....look wise and a car has to do it for me to want to keep it .....now on the 2001 ws6 that does it for me ..heheh...lol ....so maybe sell it and do some mods to my car .....what do you think i will get some pics of the car soon
Old 08-24-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I suppose to a true collector it would be worth more, but to the every day public, or person who wants a nice and fun car to drive it's not really anything special. The 301s were such a pooch, that's why they turbocharged them. Even then, they can't get out of their own way lol
Old 08-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's special enough since there were only 2000 made.These sites might be able to give you an answer.
http://transamcountry.com/community
http://www.301garage.com/forum/