Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

Uh Oh! . . . Pontiac G8 is being axed??

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"If you want real answers about this "change in strategy" all you need to do is read this bill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy...ity_Act_of_2007

Vehicles are going to have to AVERAGE over 30mpg in 2015. Vehicles means the entire fleet; including trucks and cars. Some cars are no longer going to fit into that picture. The percentage of large and RWD cars is going to have to down along with the percentage of trucks along with an increase in the percentage of hybrids, fwd cars, and flex-fuel vehicles. By 2020 about 90% of the vehicles being built will have some level of hybrid or extended-range electric vehicle componentry. The days of the raging RWD gasoline powered "hotod" are over."

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...0&pagenumber=1
Old 10-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

^^^
I really hope not, hopefully with tools like DOD, DI, etc., they can keep some Hot Rods, for the performance enthusiasts.

We're not all tree-hugging, granola-eating, flip-flop-wearing, hippies. Some of us want to get where were going and do it without feeling like were in an RC car
Old 10-25-2008, 01:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Smus
^^^
I really hope not, hopefully with tools like DOD, DI, etc., they can keep some Hot Rods, for the performance enthusiasts.

We're not all tree-hugging, granola-eating, flip-flop-wearing, hippies. Some of us want to get where were going and do it without feeling like were in an RC car
Old 10-25-2008, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

Niot every car has to average 30 mpg, all models sold have to average 30 mpg, like having a truck get 20 mpg and a hybrid gets 40 to average 30 overall.
Wait until Obama get elected, it will get much worse, hes wanting Al Gore to be his advisor on the made up myth of man made global warming crap.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000REDZ28T56
Wait until Obama get elected, it will get much worse, hes wanting Al Gore to be his advisor on the made up myth of man made global warming crap.
I don't follow politics, I don't care about it, I don't vote, so I DON'T want to turn this political! But, I have to ask, is he really wanting Gore to be his adviser?! Good lord.

As for the "gas is getting cheaper", when I came home on Friday it was $2.31 for 83oc and Gas here has basically been going down about 2cents a day. So today I'm sure that most stations are $2.30 and some even $2.28. Most on Friday were still $2.34.

I just don't understand why in the early 80s (and 70s) that Civics were getting high 40mpg CITY and now they struggle to get 40mpg HIGHWAY!! We've INCREDIBLY advanced tech, and yet we're going backwards... I partially blame gas quality on it. I mean, if we can get V8s with M6s to easily get 30mpg on the highway (I'm referring to Vettes and F-Bodies with LS1s, even my friend's LT1 Vette did that though), that a silly 4cyl import can do 45 and AT LEAST 30 city.

I won't be TOO sad of the G8 getting an ax, as long as there were ample amounts produced for me to own one in 10 years But, while I'm not a Poncho Purist, I will be quite sad if Pontiac gets the ax I much prefer Pontiac to other GM models. The Saab though is becoming nice! Some have the 5.3 in them, which amazed me. Their turbo V6s should be in the G6 GXP.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

The newer cars are a lot heavier and have a lot more standard equipment than the old Civics. The extra weight required bigger engines which used more fuel.

Yes, Obama has asked Al Gore to be an advisor to him.

Quick Reply: Uh Oh! . . . Pontiac G8 is being axed??