Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

Livernois Stage 1 G8 GT goes 12.4 @ 117 mph

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 08:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SREETRACEGUY
not sure i love PROCHARGER but it don't put out the low end like the maggy does i got a kit ready and about to go on mine to pass the time cause i'm thinking next feb when i get my tax returns is the way its lookin since i still am not 100% finished with my camaro and formula

hows the fuel milage on the magnacharged G8 if you stay outa boost really respectable driving ???
The Maggie has a bypass valve, so during normal driving I don't think the gas mileage will be any different than it is from the factory.. it's just hard to keep your foot out of it..

-Rick
Old 04-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not sure i love PROCHARGER but it don't put out the low end like the maggy does i got a kit ready and about to go on mine to pass the time cause i'm thinking next feb when i get my tax returns is the way its lookin since i still am not 100% finished with my camaro and formula

hows the fuel milage on the magnacharged G8 if you stay outa boost really respectable driving ???
I think the TVS 2300 is going to be the hot ticket for the Camaro/G8.
Definitely spend the extra $500 for the 2300 over the 1900.

The ECS Novi Paxton is THE centri system for the Corvettes.

They are able to practically duplicate the low end of positive displacement systems by using a restrictor plate. The plate limits the maximum boost level which allows them to run a smaller pulley to built more boost, faster, in the low/mid RPMS. ECS fabricates everything in their system and only the head unit is Paxton's.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LivernoisMotorsports
The base package is $4,799.00 and includes.

Livernois Motorsports Stage 1 L92 Camshaft
Livernois Motorsports Dual Valve Spring Package (Livernois Motorsports Dual Valve Springs, Titanium Retainers, Valve Spring Locators, Locks, & Valve Seals)
ARP Head Bolts
MLS Head Gaskets
Hardened Pushrods
Kooks 1 3/4" x 3" Longtube Headers
Kooks X-Pipe w/ Cats
Wideband 02 Bung
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
GMPP LS7 Lifters
GMPP LS2 Lifter guide kit
GMPP LS2 Valley Cover
GMPP Valve Cover Breather Block-Off
GMPP LS7 Camshaft Sprocket
GMPP Timing Chain Dampner
GMPP PCV Hose for Non-DOD applications
GMPP LS2 Lifter guide kit
GMPP MLS Header Gaskets
ARP Camshaft Retainer plate bolts
ARP Timing Chain Bolts
Synthetic Oil Change w/ Filter
Professional Installation
Livernois Motorsports Dyno Tune

The CNC valve job is an additional $300.00, porting the intake manifold and tb with R&R is $480.00, the Rotofab is $300.00, and the U/D pulley, bolt, and belt is $300.00 installed.

So the total for the mods on his car is $6,179.00 installed and tuned.

Thank you

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports
How much for the parts only minus the labor. Very impressive numbers
Old 04-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TT C6
I think the TVS 2300 is going to be the hot ticket for the Camaro/G8.
Definitely spend the extra $500 for the 2300 over the 1900.

The ECS Novi Paxton is THE centri system for the Corvettes.

They are able to practically duplicate the low end of positive displacement systems by using a restrictor plate. The plate limits the maximum boost level which allows them to run a smaller pulley to built more boost, faster, in the low/mid RPMS. ECS fabricates everything in their system and only the head unit is Paxton's.

Don't spend the extra $500 unless you plan on taking it over 600rwhp. If you are not going that far it's a complete waste.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by norm8332
Don't spend the extra $500 unless you plan on taking it over 600rwhp. If you are not going that far it's a complete waste.
Try not to be so short sighted.

#1) The 1900 is stock equipment on a $60,000 car.
The 2300 is stock equipment on a $120,000 car.
If there is a $500 difference, which one do you want ????

If you actually have to ask yourself the above question,
force induction is NOT for you.
Modding, in general, is probably not for you either.

#2) Engines need rebuilding. Either from mileage or from a malfunction. The 2300 will offer more expandability so you can have the OPTION of turning up the boost when you rebuild

#2 Your supercharger, and your car itself, will have better resale with the 2300.
This is because the 2300 will have a wider market than the 1900 because the MILD crowd can UNDERdrive the 2300 and the WILD crowd can turn up the boost with the 2300. The 1900 has less flexibility.

Bottom line, the extra money for a larger positive displacement blower is a wise investment. Even if it's simply an insurance policy for potential resale or for possible future mods.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:34 AM
Staging Lane

Try not to be so short sighted.

#1) The 1900 is stock equipment on a $60,000 car.
The 2300 is stock equipment on a $120,000 car.
If there is a $500 difference, which one do you want ????

If you actually have to ask yourself the above question,
force induction is NOT for you.
Modding, in general, is probably not for you either.

#2) Engines need rebuilding. Either from mileage or from a malfunction. The 2300 will offer more expandability so you can have the OPTION of turning up the boost when you rebuild

#2 Your supercharger, and your car itself, will have better resale with the 2300.
This is because the 2300 will have a wider market than the 1900 because the MILD crowd can UNDERdrive the 2300 and the WILD crowd can turn up the boost with the 2300. The 1900 has less flexibility.

Bottom line, the extra money for a larger positive displacement blower is a wise investment. Even if it's simply an insurance policy for potential resale or for possible future mods.

The blower only adds value in a private sale. If you plan on trading it in its worth more stock. I plan on pulling the blower when I'm done with the car.

Also there are plenty of reasons why someone would want the 1900.First it responds quicker at lower rpms (less power to drive it) and secondly, some people do not want to be rebuilding their engines. They will take the 1900 with the stock setup and fully stock car's 430rwhp and drive 100,000 miles for their daily driver without ever having to crack the engine open.

Some people just want the easiest (least mods) route to give their DD a kick.

I'd say the 2300 fits in more with the hard core HP crowd and the 1900 is for the more "hands off" type that has money to spend and just wants more power in their DD the easiest way.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Banned

I feel like you didn't really listen to anything I posted.

I plan on pulling the blower when I'm done with the car.
The 2300 will have better resale because it will appeal to a wider market. BOTH the daily driver/stock engine guy AND the hardcore racer can run the 2300.

.First it responds quicker at lower rpms (less power to drive it) and secondly.
Quicker response? You realize that positive displacement blowers have practically no boost lag, right?
Boost lag will NOT be a problem with the 2300.
Where are you getting your info from?
What blowers have you owned/ran in the past?

Has anyone considered that shops can only sell the 1900 right now because the 2300 is still 30-60 days away?
So, do you think they are going to tell you to wait for the 2300 or do you think they are going to SELL you the 1900 TODAY ???
Think about it.

Or, maybe you are a salesmen selling TVS 1900 because you can't get the 2300s yet.
Do you sell hi-po parts or services?

secondly, some people do not want to be rebuilding their engines. They will take the 1900 with the stock setup and fully stock car's 430rwhp and drive 100,000 miles for their daily driver without ever having to crack the engine open.
I clearly stated that you can UNDERdrive the 2300 for a lower HP/TQ on a stock engine.

Some people just want the easiest (least mods) route to give their DD a kick.
We both agree that simply adding a supercharger is the best way to add "kick" to your daily driver. It's the most stock-behaving power adder and it's BY FAR the most performance for your dollar.

I'd say the 2300 fits in more with the hard core HP crowd and the 1900 is for the more "hands off" type that has money to spend and just wants more power in their DD the easiest way.
I disagree. I see the 2300 being for the knowledgeable owner who has experience or has done his homework. The 2300 will make conservatice power with ZERO boost lag on a stock motor while offering flexibility for future mods or future owners.

I see the 1900 for the owner who doesn't have much personal experience and has not done their research.

Last edited by TT C6; 04-17-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:55 PM
12 Second Club

I feel like you didn't really listen to anything I posted.

<<,snip
Maybe he has his own opinions?

Also, Magnacharger, the people who manufacture the blowers you're talking about, recommend the 1900 for most people. Not the 2300.

Maybe you should give them a call and set them straight.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the good thing about having a bigger charger and putting a bigger pully on it to lower boost for a stock motor is that it is even less likely to slip the belt
Old 04-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GeorgeInNePa
Also, Magnacharger, the people who manufacture the blowers you're talking about, recommend the 1900 for most people. Not the 2300.
Maybe you should give them a call and set them straight.
Magnacharger does NOT manufacture the blower. EATON does.
Maggie SELLS a system that mates the EATON blower to certain cars.
Maggie still advises customers to use SMALL MP112 on a SIX LITRE LS2s when FORD is putting the TVS on their tiny 4.6 motors.

So, frankly I don't give a **** what Maggie is selling people that go to them for advice. If you have to ask advice from a salesmen, you already f@cked usually.
It's kind of shitty to say this, but the only reason I can come up with why they do that is because Maggie want to make a sale TODAY,
OR because they can SELL you SECOND blower down the road.
I have no other theories.

Originally Posted by GeorgeInNePa
Maybe he has his own opinions?
Uhhh, we're not talking about dresses here, bro.
It's science. Not opinion.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Banned

the good thing about having a bigger charger and putting a bigger pully on it to lower boost for a stock motor is that it is even less likely to slip the belt
The 2300's intake air temps (IAT) are lower than the 1900's.
I'm glad there are some other people in this section who understand what I'm talking about.

Last edited by TT C6; 04-22-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

TT_C6: No, I own a 1900 and it's fine for me. You are one Cocky SOB. No wonder you got BANNED from the other G8 boards.

Telling people to spend a extra $500 when they don't have too jheeesh! You must be selling the 2300 and laughing all the way to the bank!
Old 04-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Banned

TT_C6: No, I own a 1900 and it's fine for me. You are one Cocky SOB. No wonder you got BANNED from the other G8 boards.

Telling people to spend a extra $500 when they don't have too jheeesh! You must be selling the 2300 and laughing all the way to the bank!

The TVS 1900 is a good blower, it's just the little brother to the 2300.
I'm sorry you were so impatient and didn't wait for the better blower.
But, you should be giving people the RIGHT advice instead of DEFENDING YOUR DECISION.

Well, at least it's obvious to everybody why you are so biased and unable to be objective.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:29 PM
12 Second Club

Magnacharger does NOT manufacture the blower. EATON does.
Maggie SELLS a system that mates the EATON blower to certain cars.
Maggie still advises customers to use SMALL MP112 on a SIX LITRE LS2s when FORD is putting the TVS on their tiny 4.6 motors.

So, frankly I don't give a **** what Maggie is selling people that go to them for advice. If you have to ask advice from a salesmen, you already f@cked usually.
It's kind of shitty to say this, but the only reason I can come up with why they do that is because Maggie want to make a sale TODAY,
OR because they can SELL you SECOND blower down the road.
I have no other theories.

Uhhh, we're not talking about dresses here, bro.
It's science. Not opinion.

Ok mr science, all we see from you is a lot of opinion.

Although I'm sure you could give us all tips on dresses, couldn't you.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:35 PM
12 Second Club

The TVS 1900 is a good blower, it's just the little brother to the 2300.
I'm sorry you were so impatient and didn't wait for the better blower.
But, you should be giving people the RIGHT advice instead of DEFENDING YOUR DECISION.

Well, at least it's obvious to everybody why you are so biased and unable to be objective.
Here, let us help you:

"The TVS 1900 is a good blower, it's just the little brother to the 2300." <--This is good, this statement is a fact.

"I'm sorry you were so impatient and didn't wait for the better blower." <--This statement is opinion.

"But, you should be giving people the RIGHT advice instead of DEFENDING YOUR DECISION." <--This is also opinion. The larger blower is NOT right for everyone. I know you think it is, but it's really not.

"Well, at least it's obvious to everybody why you are so biased and unable to be objective." <-- If you think he is biased, I invite you to reread your posts.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's of no use George....we went through this on GRRRR8 already.

It's the same reason why someone doesn't go w/ an MS4 every time a cam is selected, and get the MS3 or smaller. Not everyone has the bigger is better mentality. Great example is in the most recent GMHTP where they discuss the smaller/bigger cam and FI combos. More boost isn't ALWAYS a good thing. When someone pops their L76 because they listened to this advice and got a 2300 over a 1900, then they'll realize this arguement. (Save the "proper tune/driving/maintenance" lecture too as I am aware of proper precautions to take on FI cars.)
Old 04-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Banned

You guys are showing how little you really know.

Cams and Turbos are both examples of where going too big can have negative results.
However, the 2300 is a POSITIVE DISPLACEMENT blower and boost lag will NOT be an issue; even when underdriving the 2300 on a stock motor.
Why don't you guys build some cars, or at least do some research, like I have before running off your mouths?

As far as the insults, cheap talk from behind a computer is a joke.
Although, I would LOVE to hear what you all have to say in the real world .

There is a Atco track rental 4/29/09 when there will be some 9 and 8 second street car C5/C6s running.
It's not far from NePa and I'd love to hear more about what you have to say about those "dresses" in person.

Last edited by TT C6; 04-19-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

TT C6 - What's with the shitty attitude?
Old 04-18-2009, 11:31 PM
12 Second Club

meh...

Last edited by GeorgeInNePa; 04-19-2009 at 01:25 AM. Reason: you bore me
Old 04-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Launching!

You guys are showing how little you really know.

Cams and Turbos are both examples of where going too big can have negative results.
However, the 2300 is a POSITIVE DISPLACEMENT blower and boost lag will NOT be an issue; even when underdriving the 2300 on a stock motor.
Why don't you guys build some cars, or at least do some research, like I have before running off your mouths?

As far as the insults, cheap talk from behind a computer is a joke.
Although, I would LOVE to hear what you all have to say in the real world .

There is a Atco track rental 4/29/09 when there will be some 9 and 8 second street car C5/C6s running.
It's not far from NePa and I'd love to hear more about what you have to say about those "dresses" in person.

Quick Reply: Livernois Stage 1 G8 GT goes 12.4 @ 117 mph