Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

gauges http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.ls1tech.com/get/forums/images/smili

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gauges http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.ls1tech.com/get/forums/images/smili

hey guys and gals i am ordering the dual hump gauge pod and i am going to install an air/fuel ratio narrow band and a trans temp electric. they are both sport comp ll gauges. i was wondering if i am going to need to buy and other wires to complete my install and how hard will this be?
Old 12-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Staging Lane

well i decided to go with oil pressure instead of the a/f ratio gauge but i am guessing no one has any input on this huh?
Old 12-11-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

narrow band is usseless
Old 12-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Staging Lane

yea thats why i am gettin trans temp and oil press. has anyone installed these on a g8
Old 12-12-2009, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

talk to a shop if you arent confident in your own abilities
Old 12-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Staging Lane

its not that i was jus trying to find out if anyone has done these gauges yet and see if they have any advice on the install.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Teching In

Generally when you buy vehicle specific gauge kits they come with all of the necessary wiring and or sensors so no, you shouldn't have to buy any other wires or connectors.

If you are ever planning on going forced induction, you might as well get a wideband now rather than a trans temp. Not sure what you do with the car, but I would think trans temp would be valuable to someone doing some sort autocross or something lasting a lot longer than 1/4 mile. Not really sure on this last part, I'm sure someone else has more experience in this area.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 331DART
Generally when you buy vehicle specific gauge kits they come with all of the necessary wiring and or sensors so no, you shouldn't have to buy any other wires or connectors.

If you are ever planning on going forced induction, you might as well get a wideband now rather than a trans temp. Not sure what you do with the car, but I would think trans temp would be valuable to someone doing some sort autocross or something lasting a lot longer than 1/4 mile. Not really sure on this last part, I'm sure someone else has more experience in this area.
Trans temp comes in handy whenever you get a converter, plus it's generally just good to have. I know that sitting in traffic with a stall will get your tranny pretty toasty. Autometer gauges don't always come with everything. Adapters with the correct threads for example (ask me how i know ). I think this is what he was getting at...
Old 12-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks Aggie_Ls1 for the info sorry to hear about the wrong threads i bet that was a pain in the neck. funny you say that i had a friend that had the same problem. lol.

Quick Reply: gauges http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.ls1tech.com/get/forums/images/smili