Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

Help me import a G8 to Canada

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 04:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me import a G8 to Canada

First I gotta say I tried googling and Ive tried searching this site, all Ive found is how to disable DRL's.

Hey guys, I am considering bringing a G8 GT up from the US. To make the powers that be happy I have to make the daytime running lights (DRL) work and the speedo read in km/hr. Does anyone here know how this is 'officially' or 'correctly' done?? What I mean is, how would the stealer do it if I took it to them??

I have HP Tuners Pro if I need to make PCM changes, but what Im not sure of is if it will do what I might need it to do.

Thanks in advance you guys.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by cutlass_455
First I gotta say I tried googling and Ive tried searching this site, all Ive found is how to disable DRL's.

Hey guys, I am considering bringing a G8 GT up from the US. To make the powers that be happy I have to make the daytime running lights (DRL) work and the speedo read in km/hr. Does anyone here know how this is 'officially' or 'correctly' done?? What I mean is, how would the stealer do it if I took it to them??

I have HP Tuners Pro if I need to make PCM changes, but what Im not sure of is if it will do what I might need it to do.

The running lights stay on all the time unless you turn them off after you start the car.
The speedo in the dash is mph but you can show kph in the DIC. You can set all the settings in the DIC to metric or standard.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Staging Lane

What he said.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cutlass_455

Under the custom options of the DIC, if you select metric mode then the speedo will be in KPH.

The G8 has DRL's

Under these conditions I am not sure what the issue is.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This is great news for me, it makes it way easier to get it pass inspection. Thanks for the info guys.

Quick Reply: Help me import a G8 to Canada