Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 08:40 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Question

Alright guys fixing to put exhaust on the G8. I have been looking around so of the G8 forums and a favorite seems to be Solo. Anyone on here have any it and want to chime in on whether they like it or not? I have no real plans on doing much more as far as mods go but we all know how that goes How does it sound with other mods like headers and cam or is there another system yall would recomend
Old 12-30-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It really all depends on what future mods you plan on. The Solo sounds nice but it will only bolt up to headers that work with the stock catback like Kooks mids. I have kooks LT headers w/SLP powerflow axlebacks and it sounds really nice. It has a deep sound that isnt too loud and doesnt drone at all. I had a Magnaflow catback before and it was terrible. I also had a Corsa catback. The Corsa sounded amazing and I wish I never sold it now that Kooks makes a connection pipe to connect it to the LT headers. The catback will give you a nice sound but headers are where the real power is made from in the exhaust.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a search for Solo G8 on youtube and you will find quite a few of videos. If you're just looking for sound and want to save money, the Solo axlebacks are less than their catback and sound pretty much the same.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:47 PM

Solo also has a catted midpipe for Kooks LT's. I've had 4 different Solo setups on my car and I've heard all of them. Sound is the most subjective of our senses and what sounds good to me may sound terrible to you. If your looking for a completely no drone catback only Solo and Corsa guarantee no drone. All of the other catback systems drone. Unfortunately, what works on one G8 may not work on another. For instance, some people have Borla catbacks and they don't have any drone issues, while most people do have issues. Not all G8's respond the same with exception of Corsa and Solo being completely drone free. Solo has 5 different offerings from tame to quite loud. Draw out a roadmap of your mods and where you want to go unless you don't mind how loud the system actually is The Solo systems are pure American V8 muscle as is the Borla. It is not the least bit raspy. Corsa has a slightly European V8 sound to it. It contains a slight bit of "raspiness" to it, but not overly done. I personally prefer the deep American V8 sound of the Solo over the Corsa. Corsa has received quite a bit of complaints as of late. Several people have had issues with Corsa in the rain where there cars have gone into "limp mode". At this time nobody knows what's causing the issue.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:04 PM
FormerVendor

SLP loudmouth is a good aggressive sounding axelback on the cheap. You can also upgrade it to the Powerflo mufflers later for cheap if you add headers and think the loudmouth to much.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:40 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JUICED1
SLP loudmouth is a good aggressive sounding axelback on the cheap. You can also upgrade it to the Powerflo mufflers later for cheap if you add headers and think the loudmouth to much.
What?! It's $400 for pipes and tips. I love the tips don't get me wrong, but damn that's a lot for just pipes and tips. If I could get the Solo's "j" hooks with the SLP tips then that is what I would do.
OP your just gonna have to look around for different G8's around you with exhaust and listen to them. Everyone likes something to sound a bit different. And yes you tube is a good tool but every computer speakers will sound a bit different as well.
Tate

Quick Reply: Exhaust Question