Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

Is a G8 the right car for me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 07:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by omgitsmikeyc
What is the history on the car? Any wrecks etc?
No wreck history. Didn't detect any signs of paintwork.

To be honest I am fighting to be able to retail this unit with the owner. They are scared to death of cars like this.

I will probably be brought in on Monday to explain this purchase to them. I went to our receiving location when the truck was dropping it off Friday afternoon. I wanted to make sure it was what they said it was. It passed state inspection and I drove it.

We are sending it to GM dealership for a third party inspection since we offer extended warranty and the owner wants to make sure warranty gets honored because of the LS3 motor and kooks longtube headers and high flow cats.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kciaccio
Sure, I am one of the buyers there. On Average we sell 2,000 cars a month. That is a combination of wholesale (cars we send to a local auction that don't fit our standards that we take in on trade or purchased from another dealership for retail but get kicked for same reasons) and the rest we retail.

With that kind of volume unforeseen issues or human error can happen. It's used cars.

I can tell you the department I work in "Acquisitions" are all on the same page when it comes to what we will retail. When we purchase a car the last thing we want is customer issues. We have a dedicated department that handles after sale issues for instances that do occasionally happen.

We are not a dealership that tries to put one over on people.

There are always going to be people who go into buying a used car with higher than realistic expectations. I have seen a few on this forum.

We are the largest ebay dealer in the world and you don't have 5,100 cars sold with a 100% positive feedback rating without doing things right.

If anybody here is ever interested in one of our cars I can give you more detailed info on the unit you are interested in. What recon we put into it ect.

I am not on this forum to sell our cars they do very well selling themselves. I am just trying to help fellow members on the forum.
Thanks I appreciate it. The number of G8's yall have on ebay is amazing.

I've heard that ya'll dont really budge much on asking prices, and that it can be hard to test drive the cars before buying because they can be hard to find/get to.

Do you have any insight into that, even though you're in acquisitions? Thanks again!
Old 02-17-2013, 08:03 PM
TECH Veteran

There's no reason to have pay GXP money for a hot car to bum around in daily. They are very rare, very valuable and you'll be tossing your money down the toilet buying a nice GXP and putting shitloads of miles on it.

The GT and GXP are basically the same car outside of the LS3 and Brembo front calipers. I know because I bought both models new and owned both several years. Find and get a GT that suits you without busting your budget, the payments aren't worth an LS3 and calipers.

With the new Chevrolet Super Sport version of the car coming out it may push GT prices down to an even more comfortable range.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bds001
Thanks I appreciate it. The number of G8's yall have on ebay is amazing.

I've heard that ya'll dont really budge much on asking prices, and that it can be hard to test drive the cars before buying because they can be hard to find/get to.

Do you have any insight into that, even though you're in acquisitions? Thanks again!
Sure, acquisitions does all the pricing actually. Typically it will be $500 to $1k back of buy it now. If it is a first time listing it will be even more.

I buy 90% of the G8's for the dealership hence why we have so many. lol

Test driving a car there is very simple as long as you have car insurance. If you are interested in a unit call the sales guy that is listed with the car and let him know you want to test drive it and what time you will be in. We do carry over 2,000 cars on our lot and we have a great system for finding them as of 6 months ago but some might be at dealerships getting warranty work done ect even though they are listed which could account for some not being available for a test drive right then and there.

They actually just let you take the car out by yourself after recording your insurance and license information. Pretty scary actually but we have had only few problems doing it this way. Couple were stolen ect.

Last edited by kciaccio; 02-17-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TriShield
There's no reason to have pay GXP money for a hot car to bum around in daily. They are very rare, very valuable and you'll be tossing your money down the toilet buying a nice GXP and putting shitloads of miles on it.

The GT and GXP are basically the same car outside of the LS3 and Brembo front calipers. I know because I bought both models new and owned both several years. Find and get a GT that suits you without busting your budget, the payments aren't worth an LS3 and calipers.

With the new Chevrolet Super Sport version of the car coming out it may push GT prices down to an even more comfortable range.
This is sound advice in my opinion..
Old 02-17-2013, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my GT 4 years and it's a great daily driver. It has 65K miles and the only thing I did was install front brakes on it and had the lower control arms replaced under warranty. I drive it hard a lot of times and it's very reliable. Oh yeah I almost forgot, a couple sets of tires too since it has lots of power.

I agree with Trishield that the GXP is overkill as a daily driver since the GT is just as good for a lot less $$$. This is the best car I ever had, and the first one I've had for a long time and I'm not looking to replace it soon.

Quick Reply: Is a G8 the right car for me?