Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

New G8 GT owner here!!!:)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 02:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New G8 GT owner here!!!:)

Hello everyone I am so glad to be on this forum now!!! I have owned a 2006 gp gxp and have just traded her in for my new baby a 2009 G8 GT white hot with leather sunroof and 20" American racing wheels!!!

I only have one photo at the time so I will post more soon when the weather warms up here in MN!!!
Attached Thumbnails New G8 GT owner here!!!:)-g8.jpg  
Old 03-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Staging Lane

definitely a nice upgrade
Old 03-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 207 Likes on 174 Posts

You should really enjoy your G8! We've had my wife's for almost 5 years, and I appreciate it more all the time.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:18 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys! My mod plans for my G8 in order are, 1.catch can,2.Rotofab fab intake,3.HSRK,4.Rotofab rad cover,5.OBX 1-7/8 lt headers,6.OBX catback,7.Rick C Tune,8.Slp Underdrive pulley,9.Ricks ported intake and tb,10.shark fin,11.GXP rear diffuser,12.Rick C Cam,13.rockers pushrods lifters,14.Re Tuneing along the way.

Also once my struts start going out I will be replacing them with the peddlers stage 2 coil over system!

If there is something I missed or that I should change chime in, I respect all of ur opinions!

Also once I get all the motor parts on then I will be trying to paint some parts like the coils are gonna be white the intake tube will be white and fuse box cover plate white. The throttle body will be polished along with the valve covers. I will also be doing the heater hose relocation mod.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:52 PM
TECH Resident

From personal experience, I would ditch the Rotofab and get a VCM or Vararam OTR intake. The roto really doesn't do that much more than a stock intake. It sits right behind the headlight, getting no airflow. Yeah, a lot of guys run it, it looks decent, but the real gains are with an OTR intake. Look at Rick C and any other racer and results, all run the OTR. I ran a VCM and that thing was awesome after I had a Rotofab. Top end it pulled so much better, you could feel the difference.
The OBX is a complete header/exhaust set to the axle back mufflers. A lot of guys run a Solo axle backs. I've installed 2 sets of ObX headers, decent quality for the price and install good. If you get the OBX system, all you need is mufflers. The stock ones are good and will get a little louder, but Solo will wake the dead.
Skip the HSRK, it's a gimmick that only works in high heat city stop and go traffic, I had one and my IATs did not change that much, save your money for something else.
Peddlers went out of business, I would get either BC Coilovers or the FE3 struts with Eichabchs springs.

Congrats on the new ride, have fun modding

Check out g8board.com, tons of info there too.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:07 AM
On The Tree

Funny story. I had an 06 Grand Prix GXP (same color and did the same upgrades) and I now own a 09 G8 GT (same color and doing similar upgrades).
Old 04-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Teching In

How's the OBX's compare to kooks?
Old 04-05-2014, 01:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mngxp
Hello everyone I am so glad to be on this forum now!!! I have owned a 2006 gp gxp and have just traded her in for my new baby a 2009 G8 GT white hot with leather sunroof and 20" American racing wheels!!!

I only have one photo at the time so I will post more soon when the weather warms up here in MN!!!
Congrats from Rochester, MN. Make sure to check out our MN thread on G8board.com. We have get together and go to the drag strips around the area. We also have a facebook page, Northstar G8's.

Quick Reply: New G8 GT owner here!!!:)