Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

I'm driving a G8 GT next week!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS
I have been SERIOUSLY considering getting a G8 for the last few days. Based on what I've read I think I'm going to wait until 09 though. There are a few options that I want that aren't on the 08. I want to know if anyone has more detail on the upcoming options for 09. Here are my questions:

1. Are there going to be more than 2 interior options? I'm referring to leather.(black and black with red inserts)

2. Will there be an entertainment package or a rear DVD? (I have a 3 year old)

3. Will there be navigation offered? This isn't too important but I might as well ask.

4. Based on turbowhistle86's impressions of his test drive, do you think they'll consider reworking the interior accessories locations like the window controls and the heated seat controls? I think it's pretty bad placement to put the window controls in such a likely drink spill/slosh area. I've also read that the data screen in the top center of the dash looks pretty "Atari-ish", is that being reconsidered?

I know I'm being nit picky but I have been waiting on a car like this since the (rear wheel drive) Impalas came and went and I don't really want to buy European or Asian right now. Plus the 6.0 liter has a ton of potential.
2. A rear seat DVD system is supposed to be a dealer-installed option for the 09MY.

3. Nav is unlikely because the LCD screen has been deemed too low to meet US DOT suggestions. Possibility of aftermarket (VDO/Dayton) or buying the Holden part. The Holden Nav would require getting the US specifc data in some way. A factory offering would most likely require a center stack redesign.

Chip

Quick Reply: I'm driving a G8 GT next week!!!!