-No Options, all Standard
$28,937-Panther Black Metallic
-Premium Package
-18" All-Season Tires
Old 08-20-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Jakes Dad
Perhaps you are looking at this wrong. No reflection on you not being smart. It's a good thing there are NO DISCOUNTS ON G8 GT'S.

Selling the car at sticker or even 1,000 over keeps the value of your car, your investment, higher than offering anything less than sticker. 10-4?

You still have options - LEASE

" " - But what are we really talking about, in money?

I found many G8 GT's - average days in inventory 64. That was based on the first 10 vehicles that came up.

Sticker $32,295.00

Invoice $30,921.10

GMS EMPLOYEE PRICE $29,806.70

That's not much to make on a 32K product! about 10% tops. Does your employer make 10% on your work?

Naturally, you're paying cash because everyone at LS1 pays cash for their cars. Everyone here has more money than the next guy, everyone here has the WORLDS FASTESTS vehicle. And everyone here knows I am a! IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER to me WHAT YOU THINK!! I am offering to help!

I will still save YOU money. No one has offered to do this, yet. Secure your loan before you shop for your G8 GT. Have your bank letter when you shop. "Your best interest rate will save you more than trying to beat the dealer down." Jakes Dad! Think of the time and money it's costing you to LOOK? Confirm the age, on the dealers lot, of the G8's. In my opinion the 08 G8 GT is also almost a year old too. When do the 09 come out?

Jakes Dad

so a person that paid sticker last month for the same car that GM is offering emp. disc. on now is worth more? LOL i dont think so. a car isnt an investment. you work your best deal and it should be nowhere near sticker. especially if youre financing. does that 10% you claim include dealer holdbacks(which is another 3% if i remember) and other incentives?
Old 08-21-2008, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
so a person that paid sticker last month for the same car that GM is offering emp. disc. on now is worth more? LOL i dont think so. a car isnt an investment. you work your best deal and it should be nowhere near sticker. especially if youre financing. does that 10% you claim include dealer holdbacks(which is another 3% if i remember) and other incentives?
You hit the nail on the head. Jakes Dad sounds like another dishonest car saleman to me, and he thinks the everyone will buy his B.S.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Banned

Autoblog has a thingie where you just type in the GM vehicle your interested in and it will show you the discounted price & the G8 came up at around $27,000.00 out the door .
Old 08-22-2008, 06:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

pontiacs site will give you exact pricing. i also got something in the mail saying i can use my gm card points also. thats a killer deal.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

employee pricing is on the G8 GT. Guys are gettin 08's for under $30K fully loaded
Old 08-22-2008, 04:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

a guy at work thinks he'll wait and get a leftover v6g8 for 20k cash. i laughed at him. LOL
Old 08-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by UGOTWS6D
Yeah the dealer doesnt have to honor the supplier or a gm employee discount....i work at a chevy cadillac dealer and we honor it on everything except the corvette. We dont mark things up 1000 over sticker tho, but it depends on the market for that vehicle in the area. We have a new Z06 right now...if someone came in and said they qualify for supplier and wanted to buy it, we'd tell them congrats and have a nice day...just all depends on the vehicle man.

Ummm..... I love dealerships like yours that are so stuck up..... My friend look at the corvette forum and the Z06 does qualify for GMS pricing. Not only that all dealers are giving under GMS employee pricing. i.e. Fully loaded z06 $78,000 for $62,000-$65,000 depending on the dealer. You can get a base for about $61,000 at any dealership. Not only that there are plenty of dealerships that are offering GMS on even 09's.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Teching In

I have to wonder how the "Employee pricing for everyone" campaign is working right now between GM and their dealers. Typically dealers can honor GM supplier pricing and GM employee pricing at their discretion. I would guess that during the current campaign GM is actually reimbursing their dealers for the difference which wouldn't normally be the case. With that said dealers that are looking to get rid of aging inventory should be able to give even greater discounts. FWIW, I had a dealer offer me a '08 G8 GT with an MSRP of $31,845 for $28,200.

Neal
Old 08-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Jakes Dad
Perhaps you are looking at this wrong. No reflection on you not being smart. It's a good thing there are NO DISCOUNTS ON G8 GT'S.

Selling the car at sticker or even 1,000 over keeps the value of your car, your investment, higher than offering anything less than sticker. 10-4?

You still have options - LEASE

" " - But what are we really talking about, in money?

I found many G8 GT's - average days in inventory 64. That was based on the first 10 vehicles that came up.

Sticker $32,295.00

Invoice $30,921.10

GMS EMPLOYEE PRICE $29,806.70

That's not much to make on a 32K product! about 10% tops. Does your employer make 10% on your work?

Naturally, you're paying cash because everyone at LS1 pays cash for their cars. Everyone here has more money than the next guy, everyone here has the WORLDS FASTESTS vehicle. And everyone here knows I am a! IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER to me WHAT YOU THINK!! I am offering to help!

I will still save YOU money. No one has offered to do this, yet. Secure your loan before you shop for your G8 GT. Have your bank letter when you shop. "Your best interest rate will save you more than trying to beat the dealer down." Jakes Dad! Think of the time and money it's costing you to LOOK? Confirm the age, on the dealers lot, of the G8's. In my opinion the 08 G8 GT is also almost a year old too. When do the 09 come out?

Jakes Dad

When no one else is paying that much it wont help at all. Look at what happened with the first year GTO, everyone that bought one the first couple of months got royally screwed when the cars were being sold for 24k at the end of the model year, and with gas prices being so unstable do you think that a car with a V8 is going to hold any sort of value. Shop around and pay the least amount possible for the car.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
a guy at work thinks he'll wait and get a leftover v6g8 for 20k cash. i laughed at him. LOL

Dealers, especially with new cars dont give a damn about cash, they want the kickback from the financing and to get you to finance as many add-ons as possible (tire warranties, gap insurance, extended warranty, etc.).
Old 08-30-2008, 10:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mike's 01WS6
Dealers, especially with new cars dont give a damn about cash, they want the kickback from the financing and to get you to finance as many add-ons as possible (tire warranties, gap insurance, extended warranty, etc.).

exactly. hes thinking dealers are going to beg him to take a car from them at a major loss. LOL. with emp. discounts combined with gm card points youre not going to get a better deal and inventory wont last long.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not sure if there is a disclaimer anywere on the commercials or on the website but on the radio commercials they say at participating dealers only.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Teching In

Sure a dealer does not have to participate its a free market. Just like they can charge over list even though the manufcature may not recommend it they can refuse to honor this. But let me tell you that any dealer that chooses to not offer this deal are fools especially if GM come out with such a program means that 99% of the country needs these incentives to move cars. Now one dealer will say they are not honoring it for the corvettes then thats thier mistake because you can go elsewhere and they will honor it. With such big discounts like this i dont think dealers get fully reimbursed i think they have to take a hit. Because if not when you buy it at the GM employee pricing with nothing else off then it would be like the dealer is getting full sticker for that perticular car and i dont thinks thats whats happening.

BTW you can get some select 2009 models for GMS as well but no G8 on the list as of yet.