Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

LS7 GXP rumor...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 06:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Keenov
Yea, but that car is obviously on the moon. Anything can happen up there.
ROFL

Yea, i dont see this LS7 thing happening either. They had the chance of doing it with the 2010 SS but dropped the ball. Im kinda hoping the Holden coupe 60 will be our GXP coupe
Old 07-27-2008, 02:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AW794
ROFL

Yea, i dont see this LS7 thing happening either. They had the chance of doing it with the 2010 SS but dropped the ball. Im kinda hoping the Holden coupe 60 will be our GXP coupe
Not happening hey.. Better tell the 427 people who have ordered them that then.

Here's a test drive vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJqZe...eature=related
Old 07-27-2008, 09:08 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Talking

Originally Posted by macca_779

Here's a test drive vid.

Uh...I think he meant over here in the USA...
Old 07-28-2008, 04:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by storm5.3
Uh...I think he meant over here in the USA...
Well yeah I agree you guys won't get it. But I read it as it won't be built at all. You guys don't need it anyway. After all the US has the CTS-V which IMO is a better car.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:29 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Talking

Well yeah I agree you guys won't get it. But I read it as it won't be built at all. You guys don't need it anyway. After all the US has the CTS-V which IMO is a better car.
Last I read you were getting the CTS too...I don't know if it was the V but I did read that the Caddi WAS coming so if you get the V too then all the best cars will be in OZ...
Old 07-29-2008, 12:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by storm5.3
Last I read you were getting the CTS too...I don't know if it was the V but I did read that the Caddi WAS coming so if you get the V too then all the best cars will be in OZ...
Yeah we're getting the CTS not the V though. To be honest I could care less about the CTS as we have the Senator model which is a **** load more car (think luxury version of a GXP). But the CTS-V on the other hand with that motor... Umm well its all about that motor and me likey.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's a test drive vid.

I don't think you understand the difference. Everyone is saying it won't ever be in another PRODUCTION vehicle and you keep bringing up a specialty car that they are only making 427 of. There is a huge difference.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Exactly. The HSV is like a Calloway or Lingenfelter Corvette - not production, and certainly not production-like pricing.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

We'll never see a GXP with an LS7 in it. We could see a G8 with the supercharged 6.2 though.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
I don't think you understand the difference. Everyone is saying it won't ever be in another PRODUCTION vehicle and you keep bringing up a specialty car that they are only making 427 of. There is a huge difference.
Maybe not the usual numbers you guys would be used to in the US. But here production means anything that comes from a parent co and is available to the general public.

427 cars is actually quite a lot compared to other models that have been released in the past here. The first 400HP LS1 HSV VTII GTS was a build of only 99 cars. The subsequent GTS models VX-VYII after that were not restricted to build quantity and were pretty much built to order in the end. The same thing will happen with the LS7. Hell HSV has had limited runs of only 23 cars in the past. Regardless of the numbers produced they are still production.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr. Sandog
Exactly. The HSV is like a Calloway or Lingenfelter Corvette - not production, and certainly not production-like pricing.
No it isn't. HSV is a manufacturer. It is directly linked to Holden the parent co. These cars roll down the assembly line not as Generic Holdens but rather as much of the upgraded HSV gear that can be efficiently fitted prior to delivery to HSV in Melbourne. We can blame the US for the LS7 not being fitted on the line as opposed to every other HSV model where the LS3 is fitted. Because of the increased production Holden has now because of G8 there was not enough scope to fit the dry sump on the assy line. Hence they roll off the line with LS3's in them and HSV remove and replace with an LS7.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Maybe not the usual numbers you guys would be used to in the US. But here production means anything that comes from a parent co and is available to the general public.

427 cars is actually quite a lot compared to other models that have been released in the past here. The first 400HP LS1 HSV VTII GTS was a build of only 99 cars. The subsequent GTS models VX-VYII after that were not restricted to build quantity and were pretty much built to order in the end. The same thing will happen with the LS7. Hell HSV has had limited runs of only 23 cars in the past. Regardless of the numbers produced they are still production.
I'm not going to lay this out for you in 6 different languages that you can understand. EVERY single post above mine that mentioned it specified MASS PRODUCED production car. What part of that are you still arguing with? It will never happen, you can't say that it will. The car you are referencing has no bearing whatsoever on a real production car in the sense that has been laid out for you in several posts above.

Listen, the US has NOTHING to do with the fact that the LS7 is not in the standard production car, production costs of the LS7 are to blame, you've already been told that and explained to exactly why that is true. The LS7 is not ever going to be feasible in a production car because it is hand build individually for each car. The call for more G8s has nothing to do with it, and the fitting of dry sump does not either. It's a $13,000 dollar engine that is hand built, that is the reason it is not in a production car beyond the Z06, period. You're prestigious HSV 427 is NOT a production car, period.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
I'm not going to lay this out for you in 6 different languages that you can understand. EVERY single post above mine that mentioned it specified MASS PRODUCED production car. What part of that are you still arguing with? It will never happen, you can't say that it will. The car you are referencing has no bearing whatsoever on a real production car in the sense that has been laid out for you in several posts above.

Listen, the US has NOTHING to do with the fact that the LS7 is not in the standard production car, production costs of the LS7 are to blame, you've already been told that and explained to exactly why that is true. The LS7 is not ever going to be feasible in a production car because it is hand build individually for each car. The call for more G8s has nothing to do with it, and the fitting of dry sump does not either. It's a $13,000 dollar engine that is hand built, that is the reason it is not in a production car beyond the Z06, period. You're prestigious HSV 427 is NOT a production car, period.
Your not reading anything that I wrote are you. The fact that its a 20k hand built engine means squat. HSV in the past has used Hand Built Callaway C4B LS1's in production cars. God they even used to built their own strokers in the iron block days. Ford Australia Hand Build every single one of their 5.4 Quadcam V8's here. Its a pretty normal occurrence to have a hand built engine in Aus. The point I made for fitment on the line is because of assy line tempo. The fact is that the dry sump involves more complications in assy procedure than a normal HSV has where its just a different engine that Elizabeth has to fit. Back in the day when the line wasn't so busy extra time could be justified to install an item like this.. Not Today, and that is because of G8. If you don't believe it. Thats fine but your still wrong.