Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Lost his gto to the cops!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009 | 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My sound system in my explorer was stolen 5 years back and cops refused to finger print the door handle or anything that would have given them to person who did it. They have no problem pulling me over for loud exhaust or tint though. That is quite gay. As for street racing, it's dumb but just convienent. Also for people who don't have a rear end it's a way to race from a roll so that they don't blow something. I plan on being a cop in a year or two but they do choose to screw some people for smaller things when they could be going for bigger things.
Old 01-02-2009 | 11:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MaroMan
Coming from the old head with a signature about taking someones life?
Don't know how old you are, but have to believe you fall into the same category as some of the other posters in this thread that may have no respect for authority.

You have done what most all of you/them are so accomplished at,,,,,,,,,that is to turn something around so it reads to YOUR benefit or beliefs. I would also be willing to bet that when something goes wrong in your life it is ALWAYS someone else's fault.

My signature line says absolutely NOTHING about taking anyone's life,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,at least when read the way I was taught to read.

I understand this is a public forum and we can all express our own thoughts. You have expressed yours about my post, now I am expressing mine about yours. Have a great day!!!
Old 01-02-2009 | 01:07 PM
TECH Junkie

I will agree after reading this thread that there aren't enough tracks, as I'm in the same boat. Every 1/4 mile track close to me is about 2 hours away. We have a airport with a runway over two miles long that isn't used for jack ****. Think they will let us setup drag racing there? Nope.
Old 01-02-2009 | 01:15 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Originally Posted by 06black6spd
innocent bistandards
What does this mean?

Or do you mean Innocent Bystander?
Old 01-02-2009 | 01:30 PM
Launching!

hell if you drive safely in california, you're bound to get run off the damn road. people there are freakin crazy. it's actually hard to drive safe...

as for the street racing, i guess i got it pretty good where i'm at: the middle of the Mojave desert. if everyone's worried about doing it in the town, just drive a few miles to some decent backroads, then have your fun. everyone here has good points: yes they might go a little too far when they have other things to worry about, and yes they are just doing their jobs. just try to picture our world without authority. just imagine GTA. we'd be fucked. so as much as we don't like them, we need cops. better ones? definitely, but you can't really do much about that.

just take it the easy way: if you're going to do it where there are cops, then you're going to risk getting caught, killing someone, killing yourself, etc. just take the small drive to the traffic-less roads that DO exist, and take runs.

now the point about the cities not doing anything about it but not condoning it, it's just like skateboarding in a lot of places. just a fact of life, they're not going to like it and they're definitely not going to fix it. just gotta keep pushing for it instead of asking once and then coming on ls1tech to complain. you get enough people, you're bound to get somewhere..
Old 01-02-2009 | 01:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by brian.moritz
I don't understand why they street race when you can do it at a track and be perfectly legal. Dumb..
probably because you get 3 runs at the track, have to get a damn 6 point to run sub 7.5s, costs 20bucks, thats my take on it. im putting in a 6pt because i have a t top and dont want gay a$$ bars in the way when the tops are off.

as for cops- use to like them now are worthless to me.. heres why

got pulled over a month ago, no turn signal in Walmart parking lot, went to court and lost. cop leave court house and i see him follow him 3 blocks to my street, no turn signal used on 3 opportunities.

i come home late one night and see a guy running from my shop door. i call the police, go inside the house and see a car driving around my street real slow. call cops again 30 minutes later, still no show. 2 hours later a cop shops up, says he was on his way but their was shots fired at a bar across town. what kinda **** is that.

cops are like mustangs...worthless

Last edited by cjg454ss; 01-02-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-02-2009 | 03:00 PM
Launching!

Im sorry but a shots fired call is WAY more important then a break in.
Old 01-02-2009 | 03:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by blown4.6
Im sorry but a shots fired call is WAY more important then a break in.
what if the damn guy was in my house and shot me. if your at a bar wasted and get in a fight and a gun comes out tough.

cops are worthless. around here now they pull you over for everything. they are all over the streets all the time. they have no revenue due to the less traffic so to make up for they write tickets. 90% of the tickets people are getting dont require a court appearance, just send the check.

the other biggie is driver license stops and insurance check points. wtf is that, its always on a friday driving home.
Old 01-02-2009 | 03:07 PM
Launching!

I'm willing bet money that it wouldn't of taken long to respond if the guy was in your house. However the fact remains that he wasn't in your house and you reported that he had already left the scene.
Old 01-02-2009 | 03:33 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by My 04 Goat
Love how we crack down on street race because its unsafe... But the nearest track to me is 2hrs away.. They talked about opening up the local airport for some friday night runs to get kids off the streets and it was shot down by the town.. Then they go out and bust people for doing something that they will not provide a legal venue for..

So is it the government's responsiblity to provide you with facilities/venue?
Old 01-02-2009 | 03:41 PM
Launching!

how much money actually goes into building a 1/4 mile track? wouldn't care about the snack stands or anything. just a basic out-in-the-field track... anyone from oklahoma should know what i'm talking about (thunder valley)
Old 01-02-2009 | 04:24 PM
Launching!

Well over 1 million by the time you add up concrete, asphalt, and all the equipment required to record times. A local track redid their 1/8th mile track and I believe it cost 1.5 million.
Old 01-02-2009 | 04:29 PM
Teching In

its not the cost of building the track,the main distractor is the cost of insurance for a 1/4 mile track, that is why you see so many 1/8 mile tracks around, the insurance cost is minimal as compared to a 1/4 mile track. If it were just down to the cost of starting one up, I know of at least a half dozen people around me that would be all over it. The insurance cost along with the liability incurred just ain't worth it.

Anyone who has been around awhile knows that if someone opens a track, unless they inspect the cars very closely there will be a bunch of junk racing with one of the drivers of that junk owning you and your track after they hurt themselves due to their own negligence.
Old 01-02-2009 | 04:40 PM
Launching!

isn't that were a waiver comes into play? something stating "you're here at your own risk and we're not responsible for you being a douche"?

basically, could you make a private one and get away from the liability portion of it, but screen VERY intensly everyone that comes to it?
Old 01-02-2009 | 04:48 PM
Launching!

The wavier covers the track to some degree however it doesn't cover them vs. negligence. I.E. allowing a car to run that they know is faster than the safety equipment is certified for.
Old 01-02-2009 | 04:58 PM
Launching!

see i figured you'd be able to have a "run-at-your-own-risk" track.

so if i owned a piece of land, got some asphalt and fabbed up a 1/4 mile strip just for fun, and made people fill out a waiver form stating they are not allowed to sue me for anything that happens, that would ba a no-go? even if it were a group of friends that ran the track as non-profit?
Old 01-02-2009 | 05:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wtomlinson
see i figured you'd be able to have a "run-at-your-own-risk" track.

so if i owned a piece of land, got some asphalt and fabbed up a 1/4 mile strip just for fun, and made people fill out a waiver form stating they are not allowed to sue me for anything that happens, that would ba a no-go? even if it were a group of friends that ran the track as non-profit?
Well in Cali you are now liable for helping an injured person out of a car. Even if you are saving their life in the process. I mention this since you show that you are in 29 Palms. America is a victim society, and there are plenty of ambulance chasing lawyers at the ready to blame everyone else. It doesn't matter if someone dies accidentally, intentionally, or by an act of negligence death notifications SUCK.
Old 01-02-2009 | 05:56 PM
Launching!

well i could see how you'd be liable for helping someone out, like say, if their neck was broken and you made it worse.

guess i just won't know my 1/4 time for a while. it's not worth driving all the way
Old 01-02-2009 | 06:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wtomlinson
well i could see how you'd be liable for helping someone out, like say, if their neck was broken and you made it worse.

guess i just won't know my 1/4 time for a while. it's not worth driving all the way

Yeah being stuck in a burning car with broken neck is better I suppose.

http://www.officerresource.com/forum...ad.php?t=32473
Old 01-02-2009 | 06:19 PM
Launching!

ok that should have been clarified (and was meant to be assumed) in a situation that is NOT life or death, such as a burning car or something to that nature, then i would understand not messing with the injured, but yes, if someone was burning alive, i'd do what i could to get them the hell out of there, then have a fun time trying to tell the judge "well would you want me to leave you in your burning car because i didn't want to get fined?"

my point on that was, if someone got in a minor crash, and some noob of a nurse tries to help and ends up making it worse, yeah, i'd go after that person, if i knew it was best to leave me be until medics arrived.

Quick Reply: Lost his gto to the cops!!!!