Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Joining the club, new goat owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009 | 01:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would the SLP headers bolt right up to stock exhaust, i know it's kinda backwards to do headers first but the expensive stuff i could do with my income taxes and its easier for me to save up for an intake or exhaust work. The slp with the cats look pretty good to me, im not worried about getting all the extra power out of the car (not even sure ill do headers...yet). Summerwolf, It looked like the coldairinductions intake would bring in colder air as it appears to be sealed off better, is this you take on the kit? From what i heard through youtube i favor the bassani exhaust so i think ill get that. I gotta get some pics on here to, i just seen that the car was taken off autotrader.
Old 01-23-2009 | 04:46 PM
On The Tree

Yeah the SLP headers with catted mids will bolt right up to your stock catback, as well as any aftermarket '05-'06 catback. Regardless of what full-length headers you're looking at as long as you get the mid-pipes (catted or off-road) to go with them they'll bolt right up to the factory catback.

The Corsa Touring isn't too loud, but the Corsa Sport surely is when coupled with long tubes. It does have a slight exotic sound, but still a little high-pitched for my taste. The Bassani definitely also gives an exotic sound, but does so while mainting a deep, throaty tone. I get compliments on how perfect mine sounds all the time... I'll have to try to get some high quality video clips of it here when I get my camera back. It sounds so much better in the car now too, not hearing the annoying whine of the Maggie over top of everything lol.
Old 01-23-2009 | 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

the coldairinductions.com intake is the best one on the market in terms of flow and IAT drops (which is why you want an intake) stock location intake...and it looks cool!!

Besides going hardcore www.hardcoreintake.com

or OTRCAI thats going to be your best bet
Old 01-24-2009 | 04:17 PM
11 Second Club

I had catted SLP longtubes and a Bassani catback before I went turbo.

The only thing I miss about being NA was how it sounded through that stuff. Symphony in V8.
Old 01-24-2009 | 06:13 PM
Teching In

The GP's LS4 is a great motor. I almost went with that during my Fiero engine swap but went with the tried and true 3800sc instead. I wish I hadnt of sold that car. Anyhoo welcome to the club.
Old 01-24-2009 | 08:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Bonestock!
The GP's LS4 is a great motor. I almost went with that during my Fiero engine swap but went with the tried and true 3800sc instead. I wish I hadnt of sold that car. Anyhoo welcome to the club.
I totally agree, the cars are much faster than they are typically given credit for. I do miss alot of the extra features the grand prix has over the gto, like the remote start, heated seats, and the brakes are much better. Also the steering wheel is a little slick sometimes when turning and shifting together. But the gto doesnt have the squeeks and rattles the gp had, the goat is my first rwd vehicle and it takes some getting use to compared to a fwd v8. I just love this car though and glad il got this one instead. One more thing that might need fixed, my range on the keyfob is pretty sad, is this typical should i have the dealer look at that also.

Quick Reply: Joining the club, new goat owner