Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Joining the club, new goat owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 09:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joining the club, new goat owner

I just picked up this GTO for 18.2k. Traded in my ls4 grand prix for it. This car is stupid fast and is a complete thrill to drive, its amazing how much looks you get in this thing. Also my horn honks 5 times when i lock it with the fob, is there a way to overide this? Love the car though and im gonna go clean it up to my standards today.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ce=&cardist=12
Old 01-17-2009, 09:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome to the club.

The horn thing is programable through the cluster. Check the owners manual to personalise it.

Cyclone Grey is a nice color. Good luck with it.

BTW, mods?
Old 01-17-2009, 09:14 AM
Launching!

The dealer had it listed as impulse blue metallic, but its not. Its the same color as that 540hp one listed for sale a few threads down. I think its barbados blue.

edit: Well ive trying to confirm the color. From 5 or so different sites i've looked at the 06 wasn't available in the barbados blue. Can somone confirm if this is true?

Last edited by oshia86; 01-17-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:10 AM
Launching!

looks barbados blue to me..
Old 01-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 207 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by oshia86
The dealer had it listed as impulse blue metallic, but its not. Its the same color as that 540hp one listed for sale a few threads down. I think its barbados blue. edit: Well ive trying to confirm the color. From 5 or so different sites i've looked at the 06 wasn't available in the barbados blue. Can somone confirm if this is true?
True. Your car is Cyclone Grey.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Launching!

That seems like it could be true. It's just in person it really looks like that blue color. I think i want some basic intake and exhaust work on it now. I don't think i'll get to crazy.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

BBM was an 04 only color that car is DEFINITELY CGM
Old 01-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Launching!

Ok, thanks for clearing that up, i haven't seen this gray in person before but i've seen that other blue. And that 5x honk deal has something to do with a problem with the door locks. I cant turn it off in the personalization menu so i'm stuck with that annoying honk for now.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Barbados Blue is a one year only color in 2004 only. It's Cyclone Grey Metallic in 2005,6.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Congrats!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 09:10 PM
12 Second Club

Congrats, now start modding that damn thing. LOL!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 05:29 AM
Teching In

nice new ride looks good and good luck with the mods.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:04 AM
11 Second Club

If you're getting 5 honks from the alarm remote, one of your doorlock solenoids is shot and not locking.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:19 AM
Launching!

I noticed my passenger side door the lock doesn't move up or down so i'm sure that's the problem, i just lock it with the key. I've been looking at the kooks headers, i am also debating on an intake, it seems as a lot of guys seem to think a drop in and box cut seems to be a good route to go
Old 01-22-2009, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by geeteego
If you're getting 5 honks from the alarm remote, one of your doorlock solenoids is shot and not locking.
Yep, it means for one reason or another a door isn't locking. It will honk 5 times if the door isn't fully closed, but if your doors are fully closed and it still honks then it's the solenoid. Hurry up and get it to the dealer before your warranty is up!

Originally Posted by oshia86
I noticed my passenger side door the lock doesn't move up or down so i'm sure that's the problem, i just lock it with the key. I've been looking at the kooks headers, i am also debating on an intake, it seems as a lot of guys seem to think a drop in and box cut seems to be a good route to go
Kooks Signature Series headers (sold at MarylandSpeed) and Lingenfelter intake is what you want. That setup with a tune will get you a 40-50 horsepower gain at the crank, and some healthy torque. Probably going to want to consider a catback shortly after though, because the stock one is going to get raspy with headers, and it'll bottle-neck the performance a little. Check out the Bassani catback.... it sounds awesome, and I've heard pretty much every catback available for the GTO and nothing compares in my opinion. Read about that catback on LS1GTO.com
Old 01-22-2009, 03:20 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the info guys, i planned on a cat-back to, just didn't know what one i was gonna go with yet. I just found the lingenfelter intake yesterday and i like that one a lot so that's an option to. I also got an extended warranty with the car 3yr 36mnth. I will probably go this weekend to have them check it out. Also the car has a problem going into reverse, so that's another thing they'll look at. I just checked out the Bassani, its the best out there imo.

Last edited by oshia86; 01-22-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

No prob, and yeah Bassani is great. Lots of people love Corsa, but Corsa is just too high-pitched for me. Bassani has an awesome tone, and at all RPM. Idle is nice and deep, screams with beautiful, deep sound at full throttle, and sounds great everywhere in between. No drone/resonation either, and it's full stainless steel. Perfect fitment, great price... it just can't be beat. You truly gotta hear one in person to enjoy it, but audio/video clips will get you a good idea. Youtube is your friend for sound clips of Bassani and other brands on the GTO.

Lingenfelter and Volant are the nicest intakes for the GTO, but I don't care for looks of the Volant. The Lingenfelter is pretty pricey for what it is, but it's really nice stuff, and looks like it belongs underneath the hood.

The extended warranty will probably come in handy. Just make sure you get that trans fuxed before you do a single mod to the car haha. It might be the syncro, and if you pull in there with so much as an intake they might not want to touch the transmission.

Well welcome aboard and be sure to also sign up on LS1GTO.com as well if you haven't already... lots of great info over there.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Teching In

IMO Flowmaster 40s sound the best for this car.

Yes. ls1gto.com is Great for our cars. Im usually on that 1 more than this forum.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:47 AM
12 Second Club

Congrats on the new ride. As stated before, your passenger side door lock solenoid is out and needs to be replaced. My car did the same thing. Also, the Kooks signature series headers are definetly not the cheapest out there, but they will net you the most power and the best power curve from any other header on the market. As far as the intake, I went with the Lingenfelter. But would have went with the Volant had I not found mine on sale. Catbacks, that really comes down to personal taste. Corsa makes a top notch catback that I would suggest this one if you wanted something that was more on the loud side. It will also give your car somewhat of an exotic sound in the high RPM's too. For something a little more tamed, I'd go with either the borla or bassani. I have the spin-tech which I wouldn't suggest. While it does sound awesome, it has fitment issues and does drone. If I were to do it over again, I would have went with corsa. To help you get into reverse easier, I found out that if you go into 3rd and then into reverse, it goes in a lot easier. Also, when you take it into the dealer have them check the front struts / strut mounts. They are notorious for collapsing causing them to rub on your tires. I would also recommend getting a catch can. After seeing the amount of oil I had in my intake, you would get one ASAP. Keep an eye on your oil level as 05-06 gto's can burn oil. If you have any other questions, shoot me a pm.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

coldairinductions.com

Thats the intake you want. Kooks stepped headers offer the most power on these motors, but it comes at a pretty cost. If you longtubes and catless mids, IMO do the magnaflow. Good sound, deep bass, and it doesn't done or get obnoxiously loud like most exhaust systems.

Good luck and have fun.

Quick Reply: Joining the club, new goat owner