Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

which short shifter?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 02:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mebuildit
Where do you buy the billet shifter? I've tried e mailing them for a dealer and any information but no response.
Don't know if you are still searching for the info. They stopped selling the billet shifter. Now for good shifters it looks like MGW-P, ripshift are about the best options.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just remember most aftermarket full shifters are going to be notchier between gears and have more noise inside due to a more direct connection with the trans... in other words you will hear a little more wining and gear noise like an older muscle car. I'm sure there are ways to cut it down, but I never saw a reason to get a full shifter(GMM, B&M,Hurst) due to 99% of my driving is on the street and my Lou's Short Stick on the stock shifter has noticeably shorter throws and still drives like stock.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea my MGW is definitely noisier and more notchy than stock or the hurst.

I don't mind it at all though. Some people might notice it going from their GTO to mine.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my car with a Hurst (white ****) so for all I know it could be the Hurst handle bolted to the GMM but I'm doubtful of that. What I do know is that I love my hurst. Yeah it may be a bit noisy and the handle got warm over the summer but it's still a great piece. I like the look of it more than anything. I like the look of the retro goat mixed with the modern. And it works great so I can't complain.

Quick Reply: which short shifter?