Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Weird hissing noise coming from car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 12:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird hissing noise coming from car?

I has a stock '05 GTO M6. I purchased it with 30k miles on it. Not too long after I had it, I noticed a low volume hissing noise that appeared to come form the rear of the car when I cranked it up. The car drives fine. Except for the steering wheel shaking on certain pavement when braking. And the check engine light is on, although I had it checked as code 442 which is normally a gas cap code, but that is fine, so go figure, but light remains on.

Anyway, I was just curious if anyone had any ideas on those problems? Couldn't find much with the search feature.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

noisy fuel pump.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you should replace your front radius rod bushings. it may help the shaking and it certainly will help with over all handling and tire wear. after you get the big socket to get the nut off it's a 1/2 hour job. Lovells, Super Pro and Pedders all make aftermarket ones with the first two being of great quality and at a better price. the stock ones are fluid filled rubber ones that leak after a while and even new are like jelly donuts. the hiss may also be an exhaust leak

Quick Reply: Weird hissing noise coming from car?