Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Gforce Engineering is now a site sponsor

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 04:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gforce Engineering is now a site sponsor

Hey Guy's,

Just thought I would let you know I finally got around to being a site sponsor over here.
I will be representing the GTO community more over here and I'm also getting ready to come out with our new Camaro race axles so I thought I better get signed up.
Lot of new exciting products getting ready to hit the market

Thanks
Chris @ Gforce
Old 09-08-2009, 06:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris makes some of the best drivetrain parts available for our GTOs. I'm running Gforce1320 heavy duty half shafts and inner stubs, basically a must if you go to the drag strip on a regular basis.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

DAMN, i wish there was someone like you guys local for the f-body group.

either way, great to see someone local sponsering here.

batboy-you wouldnt happen to be a spirit employee would ya?
Old 09-08-2009, 06:43 PM
11 Second Club

Huh? Spirit employee? I don't work for Gforce1320 if that's what you are asking.

Here is a pic of my half shafts, this is before I installed the stubs. For a little extra Chris can powder coat the parts. Look at those CV joints, they are massive compared to the puny stockers.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:09 PM
12 Second Club

Nice.... Gotta get some half shafts soon... ^Those powder coated ones above look sick^
Old 09-08-2009, 08:49 PM
11 Second Club

Glad to see ya here.....Hope to be contacting you in the near future

-Will
Old 09-08-2009, 09:57 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks Guys!

I get allot of people that just don’t like searching through my web site for what I offer so I thought I would throw up a quick list and pics of what Gforce Engineering has to offer.
If you do want to look around the web site, it's www.gforce1320.com
Most of the products I sell are on the on line store www.shop.gforce1320.com

But first, a bit of information about Gforce Engineering.
Some of you know this but many others do not.
I have been in the performance business since the day Gforce went into business way back in 1993.
I have also been an engineer in the aviation business for a very long time.
I design all of the Gforce1320 products and have a very close relation with a very good machine shop that handles all of our machining. And don’t even ask where it is because I aint sayin

Let's start with our half shafts

We sell 3 versions.
Level 1 Retail $699.
These are our introductory half shafts and come with 4340 axles and the thicker heavy duty cv joints with chromoly cages.
These are rated for the 500-600 hp range and are great for guys with a few bolt ons that want something to replace the stock half shafts but don’t want to spend a bunch doing it.
We have had customers run as fast as 9.90 on the Level 1's. We dont recommend you running the Level 1's at this power level but some guys just dont listen, LOL
We tested the Level 1's until they broke on our nitrous car to get an idea of what they can handle. We pulled 1.43 60ft times and got a full season of 9.7x passes out of them before we broke an axle.

Level 2 Retail $899.
These are our race half shafts.
They come with 300m billet axles that have been designed to take the abuse of big power.
They come with the same cv joints as are in our Level 1's.
These are what we currently run in our car.
The axles that we use in the Level 2's are the same axles that we use in the Level 3's.
I'm very proud to say that there has never been a Level 2 or 3 half shaft broken. Not a single failure!

Level 3 Retail $1299.
These are our top of the line and one of a kind race half shaft.
We use the same 300m billet axles that we put in the Level 2's but that is the only parts they share.
For the Level 3's we custom build cv joints, installing custom polished 300m cages. These cv joints will handle some really big power.
These are the shafts that are in the quickest IRS GM/Holden car out there.
We have some heavy hitters in Australia that love these bad boys.
One has run 9.11 @155 mph with them blowing through the converter. Once he gets his converter figured out, 8's will no problem.
Here is a photo of the 300m cages, these things have such a high polish that you can see yourself in theme

Level 5 Our level 5's are not yet ready for release. These will feature a huge 300m axle shaft with 33 splines.
By far the largest and strongest on the market.
Of course these will only be needed for really big power cars.
I've been contacted by some of the heavy hitters in the shootout world to build IRS components to hold up to 1500+ hp and these will fit the bill.

Inner axle stubs

We make 4 versions of inner axle stubs.
Again I am very proud to say that none of our stubs, bolt together or one piece have ever been twisted or broken. Not a single failure!
A 28 spline that is the factory size and we also make a large 33 spline stub.
Our 33 spline stubs are designed to be used with our line of 33 spline spools and soon to be released line of 33 spline Eaton Truetracs.
Our 33 spline stub is the largest and strongest stub on the market. And is also larger then the 8.8 products out there.
All are made from billet 300m steel and heat treated with the best process in the industry to give you the best product out there. Our stubs have a little higher Rockwell hardness than most on the market.
We were the first and only company to bring you a revolutionary bolt together stub that is fully up or down gradable to either our 28 or larger 33 spline stub axles.
A very large effort was put into designing the bolt together stubs to have a lower manufacturing cost but they more importantly had to be as strong as a one piece in the areas that matter the most, the splines.
If you happen to twist one when you start making really big power, you simply order a new axle stub and swap it out. Of course if you twist one it is time to move up to our big 33 spline stubs.
our bolt together stubs are fully compatible with the factory half shafts. Meaning you can run our stubs with your stock half shafts if you so desire.

Our Bolt together stubs retail for $749. for both the 28 or 33 spline

We also offer a one piece full billet 300m stub in both 28 spline and 33 spline for you guys that don’t quiet know what to think of the bolt together stubs.
machined from a solid chunk of 300m and then ran through the same heat treat and corrosion process that our bolt together stubs receive.
And our one piece stubs are also fully compatible with the factory half shafts.

Our one piece stubs retail for $899.

Outer billet axle stubs

These were developed after several of the heavy hitters asked for an outer stub that would not break under big power.
These have been a big hit with our Australian customer, they tend to break stuff that we yanks haven’t even dreamed of breaking.
Machined from a solid chunk of 4340 and designed to be 1.5 lbs lighter then the stock stub but much stronger.
And these also get the same heat treat requirements that our inner stubs get.
We have 2 versions, one is made for press in stock or aftermarket wheel studs and the other is drilled for the 5/8 drive studs like Moser and Strange Engineering sells
Retail on the outer stubs is $699.

Continued below.. (photo limit )
Old 09-08-2009, 09:58 PM
FormerVendor

Next up is our new line of 33 spline spools.

We contracted Strange Engineering to build our spools.
Strange Engineering makes the best spools on the market in my opinion so that is who got the job.
Spool manufacturing takes some specialized equipment that we just don’t have access to.
These have also been very popular with our Australian racers.
33 spline spools retail for $369.

We got a request by "vicious impulse" to coat our stubs with something that would hold up to his wintry driving conditions. So we did just that. All our products now feature a special polyurethane coating process called black e-coat. An electrically bonded and baked on tough finish.

And now our driveshafts

We offer both an aluminum and a carbon fiber driveshaft.
All our driveshafts come as a package deal with our one of a kind billet pinion yoke.
We got into the driveshaft business because we kept getting people calling me to ask what we were running in our car because they were having such horrible luck with what they had.
It was very clear that there was a vibration problem with all the adapters that were being used by all the current manufactures.
So what we did was we designed up a billet pinion yoke just like they should be. A direct fit from the pinion gear to the u-joint.
Our billet pinions yokes take a large amount of cnc work but we wanted the very best possible solution on the market and what we came up with in our opinion is the best driveshaft on the market hands down.
We have never had a single complaint about any of our driveshafts other then the fact that we can't crank out billet yokes fast enough, LOL
Our carbon fiber shaft is a 3.75" diameter and is the only SFI approved driveshaft on the market for the GTO.
It has been SFI tested and certified to hold 2,000 ft lbs of torque and has been dyno tested to 180 mph.
Our carbon fiber shafts retail for $1299. and don’t forget, that price includes the billet pinion yoke.

Our 3.5" aluminum shaft is also a big seller and it also comes with our billet pinion yoke.
It is rated to 650 rwhp and we have also had nothing but praise from this shaft. Finally a nice quiet vibration free aluminum driveshaft.
Our 3.5" Aluminum shaft retails for $899. and also comes with the billet pinion yoke.

A stock shaft compared to our 3.75" carbon fiber shaft.

Here are the new 33 spline "Outlaw" series of stubs in both a one piece and bolt together design. These stubs will still work with OEM half shafts and our Leve 1, 2 or 3 half shafts.

Our new 33 spline stub compared to our 28 spline stub in the bolt together design.

Our new 33 spline "Outlaw" stub compared to an OEM stub.

We offer many more products then what I have shown here. Feel free to snoop around in our web site for the little odds and ends we offer.

Chris - Gforce Engineering
Old 09-08-2009, 10:42 PM
12 Second Club

Nice write up Chris.... How does the Driveshaft fit... Does it hit the exhaust at all or does if fit with no problems??? I think im gonna be going with the level 1 half shafts after I do my clutch....
Old 09-08-2009, 10:53 PM
FormerVendor

The 3.5" Aluminum driveshafts pretty much fit without any modifications, always a good thing to make sure nothing is going to hit.
The rear seat belt bolt and the exhaust hanger back by the diff are the 2 things that come the closest to hitting.
The 3.75" Carbon Fiber driveshafts require you to shorten the rear seat belt bolts and bend the exhaust hanger up out of the way a bit.

Both driveshafts come with our one of kind billet pinion yoke and the Carbon Fiber driveshaft is the only driveshaft on the market that is specifically designed and made for the GTO that is SFI certified and tested.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Parts look goood. Any chance of branching out in the c4 corvettes? lol
Old 09-08-2009, 11:43 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 3.8redbird
Parts look goood. Any chance of branching out in the c4 corvettes? lol
Yes, I will just not sure when.

I am currently working on Caddie CTS-V parts, Camaro, G8 and a few other projects. As soon as I get done with those lines I plan on moving into the Vette and Cobra market.

One of my biggest design efforts right now is designing and making our "Outlaw" series of big 33 spline half shafts and stubs for the GTO and Camaro.
This line will be rated to 1000+ hp.
I have the 33 spline stubs and spools done for the GTO, just need to finish the 33 spline half shafts.

Thanks
Chris
Old 09-09-2009, 12:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yea lets get a move on the V parts lol. you will sell out quick with some axles i guarantee if the price is around the same as GTO stuff.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

good to know. They stopped production on alot of parts for C4s and our only alternative is used. Performance axles and halfshalfs would be a godsend.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see you made it over here. I have the 3.75 CF drive shaft laying on my floor right now waiting to get installed.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Launching!

You guys have some awesome products
Old 09-09-2009, 10:07 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Canada
Glad to see you made it over here. I have the 3.75 CF drive shaft laying on my floor right now waiting to get installed.
I've been over here for years under the screen name Gforce1320, I just recently became a sponsor.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya I saw the GForce1320. Guess I meant to say glad to see you made it here as a SPONSOR.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:13 AM
Staging Lane

Awesome!.... And did I see correctly that Eaton is going to release 33 spline Truetracs, to use with your 33 spline axles?!?! That is great news!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:03 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by m_williams
Awesome!.... And did I see correctly that Eaton is going to release 33 spline Truetracs, to use with your 33 spline axles?!?! That is great news!
Where did you see that? Or are you talking about our modified truetracs?

Thanks
Chris

Quick Reply: Gforce Engineering is now a site sponsor