Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

GTO vs. Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Viscious
It seems it would make everyone happy. Since the people who have a poster of that car on their wall are getting so butt hurt about it.
It was the way I "thought" the OP was portraying it... Like the GT is a POS because he beat it with a purpose built car, doing its purpose!
After I found out the way the GT owner was acting.. Well deserved!

Exotics in my eyes aren't worth their money. All I care about is straight line, so no poster on my wall of anything except Fbodys!
Old 01-01-2010, 10:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to clarify. This GTO was purpose built to be my DD. A mild 427 and a TC, that's it.

Last edited by 2c5s; 01-02-2010 at 09:22 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:31 AM
LEO
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lemons12
Did you read past the first two posts or are you the typical butt hurt GTO owner, you sure do sound like it.

I hate racing from a roll and what not, my comment at he time was VERY valid for the reasoning behind it. In this situation the Porsche owner got exactly what he deserved.

But, with the obvious comprehension skills you have, you knew that and was joking with that post.
Butt hurt GTO owner? Well at least I'm not some mullet wearing previous decade F-body owner who is missing half his teeth and has sex with his sister on weekends at the trailer park. BTW, I've owned 5 real F-bodies, you know the kind with V8's in 'em, but that was back in the 90's and early 2000's when they were still considered "cool". Now most 98-02 F-bodies are just considered humongous piles of crap.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LEO
Butt hurt GTO owner? Well at least I'm not some mullet wearing previous decade F-body owner who is missing half his teeth and has sex with his sister on weekends at the trailer park. BTW, I've owned 5 real F-bodies, you know the kind with V8's in 'em, but that was back in the 90's and early 2000's when they were still considered "cool". Now most 98-02 F-bodies are just considered humongous piles of crap.
O my bad.... I forgot I drive a V6...

Its a good thing mine isn't "most".
I could go out tomorrow and get a GTO, but they are ugly and over weight with the same modability. No reason for all the baggage.
You talking about the vortech supercharged NBM formula that ran mid 11s?

I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a come back or not. I can tell the entry level mullet/trailer park comment was, but not sure about the other part.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

that guy in the porsche got treed like he was asleep behind the wheel.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:18 PM
LEO
TECH Addict

O my bad.... I forgot I drive a V6...

Its a good thing mine isn't "most".
I could go out tomorrow and get a GTO, but they are ugly and over weight with the same modability. No reason for all the baggage.
You talking about the vortech supercharged NBM formula that ran mid 11s?

I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a come back or not. I can tell the entry level mullet/trailer park comment was, but not sure about the other part.
Yeah, it was a M6 on a stock 10 bolt(3.42 gears) with Nitto road race tires. The car made 480 rwhp and it was my full weight daily driver.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:19 PM
LEO
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sergo
that guy in the porsche got treed like he was asleep behind the wheel.
YES, he did.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:39 PM
AGH
Staging Lane

http://www.autofacts.ca/classics/fast.htm

According to this list a 2004 year model Carrera should run 11.1. So, when I saw this video I figure the driver should be able to rip at least a 12 flat. LOL @ the 12.76.

That GTO has a great launch.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LEO
I love the ricer comments, like yours. If they aren't built for the 1/4 mile what's it doing at a 1/4 mile track? Besides getting bitch slapped?

Hmm Ricer comments? People take cars to the track all the time for benchmark acceleration tests and they are not necessarily racers or race cars. How many times do you see a car on here for sale and one of the first two things people want regardless of the car are "Dyno and track slips".

Nothing I said was a ricer comment. The Porches were never built for the 1/4 mile, they are built for top end, and twisty s and without a lot of serious work the would stomp a GTO or any F-Body.

So am I impressed that a GTO built for the strip beat a Porche GT... No, I'm not. Would I be more impressed if it beat the Porche GT at its own game...YES I would be flabbergasted.

The driver of the Gt though seemed ignorant to this though taking his Porche GT to the 1/4 mile drag strip to show off his performance. Stock for stock though lets see the GTO keep up with the GT even in the 1/4 mile....

Built car vs Stock car......no surprises and nothing I said had anything to do with being a "ricer". Just simple facts regarding the line up of these vehicles...

a 1 mile drag strip would better show off the Porche GT but its FAIL for the Gt owner for taking it to the 1/4 mile strip and Fail to you for calling my comments "ricer" comments...
Old 01-03-2010, 03:10 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by baalic
Hmm Ricer comments? People take cars to the track all the time for benchmark acceleration tests and they are not necessarily racers or race cars. How many times do you see a car on here for sale and one of the first two things people want regardless of the car are "Dyno and track slips".

Nothing I said was a ricer comment. The Porches were never built for the 1/4 mile, they are built for top end, and twisty s and without a lot of serious work the would stomp a GTO or any F-Body.

So am I impressed that a GTO built for the strip beat a Porche GT... No, I'm not. Would I be more impressed if it beat the Porche GT at its own game...YES I would be flabbergasted.

The driver of the Gt though seemed ignorant to this though taking his Porche GT to the 1/4 mile drag strip to show off his performance. Stock for stock though lets see the GTO keep up with the GT even in the 1/4 mile....

Built car vs Stock car......no surprises and nothing I said had anything to do with being a "ricer". Just simple facts regarding the line up of these vehicles...

a 1 mile drag strip would better show off the Porche GT but its FAIL for the Gt owner for taking it to the 1/4 mile strip and Fail to you for calling my comments "ricer" comments...
I wish I had the additional $420,000 to put in my GTO to make it a fair race under any circumstance.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

Nice kill!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good kill in my book.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by baalic

GT owner talked **** and got what he deserved.. You don't talk **** to cars built for the 1/4 mile at a 1/4 mile drag strip with your stock exotic.

Fact is, GTO was modded and GT wasn't, doesn't matter what would with either one of them having different mods.

I would agree with you 100% if the GT owners hadn't ran his mouth.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

GT owner talked **** and got what he deserved.. You don't talk **** to cars built for the 1/4 mile at a 1/4 mile drag strip with your stock exotic.

Fact is, GTO was modded and GT wasn't, doesn't matter what would with either one of them having different mods.

I would agree with you 100% if the GT owners hadn't ran his mouth.

Well I agree the GT owner got what he deserved. Without a doubt. That part I wasn't really debating. the DRIVER got owned and that's just what should have happened in that instance.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Why all the hate? He has an American musclecar and whooped a porsche. Good kill. I am stationed here in Germany and constantly get harassed on the autobahn by Euro cars, win some and lose some, mostly give em a run for their money.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

WOW! read this hoping to just see some comments bout the nasty GTO. but everyone is getting to serious about this its a drag strip video. calm down this isnt car and driver. the guy new he had a porche not made to drag race and took it drag racing props to him for taking that expensive of a car to the track. and props to the gto for being a fast daily driver. cant we all just get along... and fbodys can be turds mine is but hey i work two part time jobs, pay bills and go to school full time, and i want a gto but wont give up my trans am to get one.

Quick Reply: GTO vs. Porsche