Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Test drove a GTO

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 12:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hell I'd sell you mine for the right price...lol.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 707chance
that is too funny! So I need to find a GTO that got the **** beat out of it by an expert like you

Yep, pretty much....
Old 04-23-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 05JUDGE
Hell I'd sell you mine for the right price...lol.
I'm a high school science teacher. Can you imagine driving past the principle and pulling into the teacher parking lot in your car?
Old 04-23-2010, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

I'm a high school science teacher. Can you imagine driving past the principle and pulling into the teacher parking lot in your car?
What that they would think your driving well under your class or something?

I dont get what you are trying to say here.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:52 PM
11 Second Club

You'd be the coolest teacher in school. Plus you'd be able to teach about g-force, and acceleration, forward velocity, gosh the list just goes on and on. You'd be driving everyones favorite science project.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
What that they would think your driving well under your class or something?

I dont get what you are trying to say here.
Perhaps I should have said that I am a science teacher who teaches Environmental Science and I am also the club sponsor for the Environmental Club. The public school system is progressively under the eye of the P.C. hawks. A loud, gas gulping, high speed vehicle (could be/ would be) considered “demonstrating poor judgment” and therefore be “not a good example” to the community and student body. Many people have already commented on my current choice of vehicle by asking why aren’t you driving a hybrid?
Old 04-23-2010, 02:08 PM
TECH Resident

Perhaps I should have said that I am a science teacher who teaches Environmental Science and I am also the club sponsor for the Environmental Club. The public school system is progressively under the eye of the P.C. hawks. A loud, gas gulping, high speed vehicle (could be/ would be) considered “demonstrating poor judgment” and therefore be “not a good example” to the community and student body. Many people have already commented on my current choice of vehicle by asking why aren’t you driving a hybrid?
Oh i get ya,,, your one of "those" people. haha all jokes
Old 04-23-2010, 02:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 05JUDGE
You'd be the coolest teacher in school. Plus you'd be able to teach about g-force, and acceleration, forward velocity, gosh the list just goes on and on. You'd be driving everyones favorite science project.
I wish I was driving everyones favorite science project. But I am starting to get a small following here at school, esp. after showing them the N2O install I have going on. But I am going to need a real sports car before I can really present. Right now a few of us are organizing a trip to the local drag strip and to local car shows. I am trying to emphasize that cars are cool but having relationships with others using cars is ever cooler, so we are trying to get students to bring along friends and family to the track and to the shows. Work in progress……
Old 04-23-2010, 02:27 PM
11 Second Club

I wish I was driving everyones favorite science project. But I am starting to get a small following here at school, esp. after showing them the N2O install I have going on. But I am going to need a real sports car before I can really present. Right now a few of us are organizing a trip to the local drag strip and to local car shows. I am trying to emphasize that cars are cool but having relationships with others using cars is ever cooler, so we are trying to get students to bring along friends and family to the track and to the shows. Work in progress……
You know after I read about the "Environmental" part, you could teach them how to make 500+rwhp and still get over 20mpgs. That's environmental science at it's finest...lol
Old 04-25-2010, 05:00 AM
Teching In

Holy crap lol...what was the price for the falling apart gto lol
Old 04-26-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default price

it depends on the site you go to, anywhere from 11900 to 13900.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:25 AM
Launching!

I went and test drove a GTO this weekend.
http://www.autoboing.com/master_Deta...&qsource_id=18
The car was falling apart! Side mirror switch broken, both windows wouldn't go down, had to take off the shifter **** to change gears (Auto), radio fell out when you hit the gas and the seat wasn’t comfortable (where the two sections meet). The test drive turned up other issues, brakes, rotors and the transmission seemed that it couldn’t make up its mind on what gear to choose. I walked away from that car but I still don't want to walk away from GTOs all together. So how typical is this?
GTOs are not known for issues like these....wtf were you testing? A rolled and wrecked GTO?

Seriously sounds like some shady **** lol
Old 05-02-2010, 11:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fatbum
GTOs are not known for issues like these....wtf were you testing? A rolled and wrecked GTO?

Seriously sounds like some shady **** lol
I agree. The car dealership is located close to a military base. I’m hoping that this place goes under before one of your soldiers gets taken.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
Very typical, stay away from GTOs. They're all pieces of ****.
Why? Because your poor *** cant buy one and your a hater !LOL
ANY car thats been beat to death wheather a F body or BMW or Pontiac is going to be like this. Me personally,,,Ive test driven 6 GTO's before i bought my Silver 06 GTO 2 weeks ago and not one had issues like your describing. All the GTO 's I drove sounded and handled good .The only differance on all of them was the paint and intereoir condition and milagage. I opted for a low mile ,still under factory warrany myself, because im going to DD her

Last edited by barnat; 05-08-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikelb51bk
lol goats!

Old 07-19-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

Dont these cars weigh like 6,000 pounds anyways?

I hear they are legally obligated to weigh in just like semi trucks on the highway.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:56 PM
wrp
9 Second Club

GTO owners are idiots. I'm living proof

Old 07-19-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a buddy that has one as a DD that wants to sell.. Is actually selling his Zo6 as well, might be out of your price range though.
It is an 04/yellow (by end of the week I actually REALLY like it)/auto/rims/full exhaust/intake/gears... Has right around 35K miles, perfect condition.
I'm sure he would take around 13K for it. Not a problem with it.. I drove it all last week while we went riding. He is getting deployed again in 3 months and will be buying a C6Z when he gets back, that is the reason for the sale.

Quick Reply: Test drove a GTO