Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

04 GTO A4 Mystery connectors!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010 | 11:37 PM
Teching In

Cool 04 GTO A4 Mystery connectors!

Figured I would come to the experts here as I'm recently a long time f-body guy who just got in a goat. After finally getting some time to look all around the car I noticed I have some "mystery connectors". What are those you ask? Simply connectors that plug into thin air and have no use, well I think they have a use maybe you guys can help me figure out the proper placement lol!

Okay not much of a mystery there but where does this overflow tube actually go? I've looked all over the front of the block, throttle body, and the radiator and can't seem to find a spot plugged that this would originally go. I'm 90% sure it doesn't just dangle beside the motor as it does currently, my garage floor will disagree with you .

From the rear of the transmission (4L60E A4) a connector that I can't find a place for (not much slack either), coming from an M6 this does not compute .

Another connector that looks pretty identical to the one of the rear of the trans, again this doesn't look familar or ring a bell with me.

Up on the front drivers side off the same harness part as the MAF/Intake temp plugs, was pushed up near the radiator maybe something to do with A/C condensor / accum?

Last but not least the plug up under the passenger side bumper, I'm assuming possibly something to do with A/C but I could be wrong (as the car was completely stripped of the A/C).

Thanks everyone that looked and recognized these! I tried looking through some wiring diagrams but couldn't find a good one and most where out of the car so I couldn't pin-point these connectors easily.
Old 07-28-2010 | 12:31 AM
On The Tree

that first hose is an overflow, it doesn't connect to anything

2nd connectors, taking a stab at this one. Do you have catless mids, no rear 02 sensors? It looks like an 02 sensor connector. Can't tell exactly from the pic, but thats what it looks like to me.

Not sure on the other two...
Old 07-28-2010 | 10:54 AM
Teching In

Commissar 2nd connectors pictured on the side and back of the transmission make 100% sense! Didn't even think about it, car does not have rear 02's and has had the cats deleted so that most likely is the case on those two harness plugs. Thanks :beer:

Now to figure out of the front two .
Old 07-28-2010 | 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the 3 prong connector with the purple seal is either your tps or your iat. the flat 4 prong conectors at the back of your tranny are the rear 02s, the last picture is the windsheild washer flid level senser plug.
Old 07-28-2010 | 09:12 PM
TECH Regular

the 3 prong connector is for the throttle body, i went and double checked on my car, and its identical
Old 07-28-2010 | 09:21 PM
10 Second Club

3 prong could be the mass air flow sensor. Check if you have one or not.
Old 07-29-2010 | 08:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 402GOAT
3 prong could be the mass air flow sensor. Check if you have one or not.
maf is a flat connector, not round
Old 07-29-2010 | 08:44 AM
Teching In

Thanks for all the insight so far guys. Windershield wiper fluid sensor makes sense up front and it's not a big deal.

Main connector now I'm wondering about is that purple 2/3 prong one. I have my flat MAF plug plugged into my MAF, I have a small 2/3 prong plug plugged into my K&N CAI tube (IAT sensor), but I'm still left with this last 2/3 prong plug?

It's off the same section of the harness as the IAT sensor and it has very little slack or movement so It can't go to far from there. Did the factory Air Intake tube have two sensors or ?

Thanks again everyone !
Old 07-30-2010 | 10:53 AM
TECH Regular

It is either the TPS on the side of the TB or the temp/pressure sensor on the driver side of the radiator near the top, it plugs in the aluminum tube.
Old 07-30-2010 | 11:00 PM
10 Second Club

I figured it out. It goes to a sensor which is part of the ac system. Plugs in under the ac fill port right behind the build plaque in the picture
Old 08-02-2010 | 09:09 AM
Teching In

402Goat that is exactly right! After finding out the car I got was missing every single AC part except the compressor (though it was suppose to just need the AC compressor installed we'll leave that for another day) I went ahead and found a wrecked 04 GTO and got all the AC parts off of it.

I installed all that Saturday over the weekend and found out that it was the low side pressure switch for the AC system. Guess now that everything is good to go on my connectors time to figure out what's going on with the traction control system .

Thanks again everyone!

Quick Reply: 04 GTO A4 Mystery connectors!