Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

GTO myths are true

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 07:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieg
the radio dose randomly turn its self up, but thats the only think.
Its speed based. As you go faster your radio will turn itself up to accomodate for the increased road and wind noise, a majority of cars have this feature.

You can also turn it off if you get to the menu.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
Its speed based. As you go faster your radio will turn itself up to accomodate for the increased road and wind noise, a majority of cars have this feature.

i know that. it a random spicks, like its going in and out.

but thanks for your automotive knowledge i didn't know what my car was doing.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by stevieg
i know that. it a random spicks, like its going in and out.

but thanks for your automotive knowledge i didn't know what my car was doing.
No problem haha

((((Us GTO owners gotta watch out for each other these were quite the hot sellers back in the day.)))

Picture taken winter of 07. triple quote= FULL sarcasm on.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Canada
How about when chicks have their hand on your leg and go for something but get your huge key instead. They always are disappointed in the size until the find out its the key. Hate when that happens.......
really, a woman grabbed my key and asked if i was excited.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Teching In

This is so funny, my horn honks at random (maybe once or twice a month), my suede is peeling off my driver side door, and two times since i have purchased my goat has the radio spiked sharply. I just think it give my car character, temperamental but reliable.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:34 PM
12 Second Club

radio has spiked on me a few times.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:15 PM
FormerVendor

When I had the factory stereo in the car it would crank the volume randomly. I might have had to change my clothes the first time it did it.... I have had some other weird occurances like the crazy cluster issue where it just decides randomly that I am going 90-200MPH... at a stop light. Other than those not too many weird issues, I broke a rear factory spring in an Auto-X but those things are junk any ways.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:17 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO

That is when it is working right. The issue most people are talking about is instantly the radio will crank to full volume. Not gradually. Just instantly. Only happens for like a second and stops.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Teching In

My radio has done that a few times, seems to only have happened when I stepped on the gas, my rear seat seams came apart as well, but never had the horn randomly go off.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by skidmarkSS
GTO Myths true about the top 5 GTO common problems i have read on this board.1.The horn goes off by itself sometimes,2.The radio volume cranks by itself and scares the ***** off you and 3.Junk interior is coming apart at the seams.Not really complaining though,i have had the Barbados Blue 04 in the sig for a while and has 62K and never broke anything mechanical.
Never heard of any of these problems, nor have I experienced these. And the interior is far from junk. Take a ride in a 2v Mustang, F-body or a C5. All cars in the same "catagory", with atrocious interiors. Are you sure your in the right car?
Old 09-23-2010, 04:30 PM
LEO
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Summerwolf
Mustang, eagle talon, eclipse, corrollas, honda accord, honda civic, cavalier, sunfire, etc etc etc

Its common as ****.
Wrong. I've had 4 Mustangs ('88-'95), 2 Accords and a Civic, none of these cars have had the rear seats splitting.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JustAnotherLS2
Never heard of any of these problems, nor have I experienced these. And the interior is far from junk. Take a ride in a 2v Mustang, F-body or a C5. All cars in the same "catagory", with atrocious interiors. Are you sure your in the right car?
The only way i would be riding in a 2v Mustang is on the way off a bridge in the ocean,yes i am in the right car and own 3 LSX vehicles currently.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LEO
Wrong. I've had 4 Mustangs ('88-'95), 2 Accords and a Civic, none of these cars have had the rear seats splitting.
OKAY so we have 7 cars out of how many mustangs accords and civics??? My brothers civic seats split, my moms accord is beginning too (its a 97 with a garage kept life) and I have several friends with mustangs driving around with rear seats split.

Really this can happen to just about any car with a rear window and sits near some sunlight....so...yeah.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by skidmarkSS
The only way i would be riding in a 2v Mustang is on the way off a bridge in the ocean,yes i am in the right car and own 3 LSX vehicles currently.
Just sayin'. GTO interiors are far from junk, and on top of that come with plenty standard features its counterparts do not. Standard leather, 7 way power seats for driver AND passenger, automatic windows again, for both driver AND passenger, and speed dependent windshield wipers. While none of these are major features, its the little things that count and when compared to mustang of same year still doesnt compare, IMO. I do have to say though, Ford definitly stepped up the interior between the 2v and 3v models. Still, GTO>everything IN ITS CATAGORY.
03/04 Cobras are making the same power levels from the factory as the 05/06 GTO as per both maufacuers claims. As of March/April of 2010, when I was car shopping, the Cobras did cost a little more than the GTOs of equivalent milage. Horrible interior, but obviously the addition of a supercharger, so pick your poison, I guess.
I dont DD my GTO but, to me though interior is a big thing to me. I do understand that we dont buy these types of cars for the quality of interior, but when comparing to what else is out there in the price range of a GTO, it can't be beat.
I'm done.

Oh, and I agree with your mustang statment, BTW.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Summerwolf

Really this can happen to just about any car with a rear window and sits near some sunlight....so...yeah.
Agreed.
Well, you're up early.

Quick Reply: GTO myths are true