Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

sap car worth more ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by newschool72
different strokes , different fokes. when i bought my car , i was tired of all the electrical problems i was having with my 99Z28 . i went looking for a gto because pre 5th gen , that was all u could get rear drive LS powered. im came across this car at a large pontiac dealer in my area. it was there demo 05 to showcase the new improved LS2 powered goat, so they installed all the fluff on it to push sales. i fell in love with it on sight. i didnt know until later that it had the SAP package. i just thought it looked better than any modern goat i had seen. and about me sounding like a used car salesman, all due respect, but while in the retail buisness i was always honest and NEVER lied to make a sell(by the way, i didnt sell cars). the truth of the matter is everything is perceived value in retail. fyi just as an example...diamonds an one of the most common gems in the world. they shouldnt be worth much more than the gravel in your driveway BUT people pay 1000.00 for a carat . it is what it is.
i never pay retail for most anything. unless its something from a convenient store. ESPECIALLY a car. mark up on stuff these days is rediculous. if im forced to pay retail for something ill usually walk away, go home, get online, then buy it for a fraction of retail.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

retail sale is not retail price. it is the act of buying from a second party, not the wholeseller or manufacturer . buying used parts is just that, i are buying used unwarranted parts. i have nothing against that, but unless u have a tax id and buy as a vendor u , with all respect , are buying at the bottom of the food chain THE CONSUMER !
Old 04-02-2011, 10:17 PM
12 Second Club

Where in the world can u get the entire SAP package for under 1k???? Bumper,grilles,wing,rear bumper, exhaust, side skirts? Plus install and painted? Well over 2k for a great deal if you have a full SAP car. Plus any seller would be a moron to not state the fact that it's a SAP car.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by impulsegoat
Where in the world can u get the entire SAP package for under 1k???? Bumper,grilles,wing,rear bumper, exhaust, side skirts? Plus install and painted? Well over 2k for a great deal if you have a full SAP car. Plus any seller would be a moron to not state the fact that it's a SAP car.
http://www.westcoastspeed.com/zentes...906e60hbcf00h7

i never said installed and painted. but you can buy it all aftermarket. and as a seller yes i would state that it was an sap car, but as a buyer less than 1% of people are going to know the difference. 99.9 out of 100 are gonna go down the road and buy a car just as nice for less money and be just as happy owning a goat. then if they wanna they can buy aftermarket sap products later on from companies just like this.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

i looked on your website and the REPLICA kit is not complete. the exhaust is probably the most expensive piece of the SAP car. and like impulse said u have to paint it. just one more thing SHIPPING that stuff from the west coast would increase the cost of the kit by 1/3. i didnt start this thread to debate what a replica kit is worth compared to the original stuff or the definition of retail. all i asked was is the car more valuable as a SAP vrs standard, and i guess i got my answer. its perceived value, based on individual preference .
Old 04-03-2011, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

i looked on your website and the REPLICA kit is not complete. the exhaust is probably the most expensive piece of the SAP car. and like impulse said u have to paint it. just one more thing SHIPPING that stuff from the west coast would increase the cost of the kit by 1/3. i didnt start this thread to debate what a replica kit is worth compared to the original stuff or the definition of retail. all i asked was is the car more valuable as a SAP vrs standard, and i guess i got my answer. its perceived value, based on individual preference .
my point was you can buy all this **** aftermarket and stick it on any car. making the true sap cars worth less. because nobody but you will ever know its not a real sap car. true sap parts are expensive but i could put together a fake sap car for alot less than true sap parts and tell everyone it was a real sap car and nobody would ever know the difference. would the car be more valuable? no. its gonna sell as a 05 gto with 98000 miles on it. its all on the buyer and how much they are willing to spend. they can go to any car lot and find a regular gto for a regular price and have just as much fun owning that car and never know the difference in the car you were selling and the one they bought for thousands less. sorry, the truth hurts. you cant get what you put into a car. a car is the worst investment you can make. especially with reproduction parts readily available.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea that dealer installed stuff never increases the value of a vehicle . danas, nickies, yenkos, bandit transams, etc,etc.....and clones are worth as much as the real thing. im just sayin.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

yea that dealer installed stuff never increases the value of a vehicle . danas, nickies, yenkos, bandit transams, etc,etc.....and clones are worth as much as the real thing. im just sayin.
hahahaha keep comparing a sap body kit to a yenko or somethin like that lol. dude i dont know if you have noticed this or not, but times have changed. dealerships and 99% of "technicians" dont know their *** from a hole in the ground. its not like it was 40+ years ago. most of these idiots dont even know the product they are selling. a dealer is looking for an easy dollar. and slapping a body kit on a car and jacking the price up a few grand is right up that alley. now if they turbo'd or boosted the thing and changed the gears and suspension and put better wheels and tires, and called that a limited edition, then yes. i could absoloutley see value there. but dude cmon its an appearance package. its not marketed by anyone with a name ie: roush, shelby, dick harrell, lingenfelter etc. its no different than a civic with a lip kit installed at a dealer. its still a damn civic. after the first owner, nobodys going to pay more than a normal civic price for just a body kit. UNLESS THATS WHAT THE BUYER IS SPECIFICALLY WANTING. it all goes back to how much the person is willing to pay for that particular car, but if you think its that much more valuable or its that good of an investment to hang on to it for 40 years, go right ahead be my guest lol. but i promise your going to be dissapointed.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

at the beginning of this tread i asked a simple question " is an SAP car worth more than a standard". i thing every other person that responded thought there was some more value in that package. im just wondering y its all under your skin that this package might be a little more valuable . i had stated in this tread a few times that it just depends on the buyer. no one knows the future and what will be disirable in the future. truth is they made less than 40,000 gto s period all years together. in the future that could make them all quite valuable and ANYTHING that separates a few from the others could be significant. you , my friend, dont know and nether do i . time will tell us. as for me , im gonna take care of my car. any modification will be reversable and all the factory parts will be stored and saved. i wont be that guy that let that car get away that they paid 4000.00 for 30 yrs ago thats worth 10 times that now. if it doesnt increase in value down the road" no harm ,no foul", if it does well, ill be ready. is that fair enough ?
Old 04-03-2011, 10:34 PM
On The Tree

at the beginning of this tread i asked a simple question " is an SAP car worth more than a standard". i thing every other person that responded thought there was some more value in that package. im just wondering y its all under your skin that this package might be a little more valuable . i had stated in this tread a few times that it just depends on the buyer. no one knows the future and what will be disirable in the future. truth is they made less than 40,000 gto s period all years together. in the future that could make them all quite valuable and ANYTHING that separates a few from the others could be significant. you , my friend, dont know and nether do i . time will tell us. as for me , im gonna take care of my car. any modification will be reversable and all the factory parts will be stored and saved. i wont be that guy that let that car get away that they paid 4000.00 for 30 yrs ago thats worth 10 times that now. if it doesnt increase in value down the road" no harm ,no foul", if it does well, ill be ready. is that fair enough ?
dude dont get all butt hurt. you asked a question. if you already knew the answer, then why did you ask it? im just telling you my take on it. if you cant take constructive critisizm, dont ask questions. if you just wanted to hear "yes" then why didnt you just say so? anyway good luck and i hope the best for you and your car. i just dont think its going to be bringing any more money than a normal car. not for a good 40 years anyway. after that kinda time maybe so. but i dont think its gonna be enough to call it an investment. good luck and let us know how it works out for you.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 04-04-2011, 12:51 AM
Launching!

Ill be honest, I'm super lazy, and didn't even read half of this book... but one might think that maybe the VIN would have some proof of it being a factory SAP? I couldn't imagine right now its going to up the value at all, but 20 years from now? may it be?
Old 04-04-2011, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

it has nothing to do with the vin # unfortunately . its just a package that gm put together to change the image of the goat from a cavy with a V8 to something a little more in your face as far as style goes. when the gto was first imported from australia it was given really mixed reviews on styling . there was never any question it was a great car, its just that aliot of people said it looks like half a jelly bean. i like the look of the standard model as it is a true sleeper to those not in the know. the SAP was just an attempt to change the gtos image.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RedfoxGTO
Ill be honest, I'm super lazy, and didn't even read half of this book... but one might think that maybe the VIN would have some proof of it being a factory SAP? I couldn't imagine right now its going to up the value at all, but 20 years from now? may it be?
The SAP kit was a dealer installed option so it wouldnt be on the vin #.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Launching!

Dealerships...:\ pffffff
Old 04-04-2011, 05:43 PM
11 Second Club

the only part of the SAP kit that looks good is the front bumper anyway... maaaybe the side skirts.

The rearend is HIDEOUS!
Old 04-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Launching!

The original GTO was bare bones and fast right? why cant the new GTO be the same way?
Old 04-04-2011, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe in the future possibly....but right now, no.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Launching!

My thoughts are that if the car is going to be altered at a dealership... its not really worth a darn.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RedfoxGTO
The original GTO was bare bones and fast right? why cant the new GTO be the same way?
Couldnt have said it better.

The car that started the muscle cars was nothing more than a BIG motor stuffed into a plain jane, family car.

Not that the new ones are the BEST family cars by any means but same principle.

Quick Reply: sap car worth more ?