Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

sap car worth more ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 07:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default sap car worth more ?

hey guys, just kind of curious if a dealer installed full SAP car is worth any more than a standard gto. i know it was a 3200.00 up charge over sticker price and i think they are pretty rare. ive only seen 3 of them and being a fan/owner of the modern goat , i can spot one a mile away. im not planning to get rid of my SAP car , just wondering about collectability/value. thanks
Old 04-01-2011, 07:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen two complete SAP cars for sale and both of them were offered at normal GTO street price, no extra for the SAP.

I was suprised
Old 04-01-2011, 07:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

do u think it was because they didnt know what they had..ie car lot, etc....
Old 04-01-2011, 12:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by newschool72
More than likely.

As for the SAP package being worth more, the average buyer wouldn't know what it was. And the GTO enthusiast could go either way...some love the SAP, others don't. So to the right buyer it would probably be worth a little more.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

The one car was listed with the SAP package, so I am sure he knew what it was.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

maybe 10-15 yrs down the road it might be a collectable feature. time will tell i guess.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

well, it cost more if you wanted it new and id ask for more if my car had it.

i actually think an SAP looks the best out of any body kit for these cars.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think it looks better than the standard also. kinda like a 78 firebird vrs. a78 bandit transam. now im showing my age.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:21 AM
12 Second Club

I dont think it would be collectible cause theres a guy making repo SAP bumpers, Grills, side skirts, etc. Since it looks exactly the same and i believe he's using better material then GM I dont see a SAP car being worth more.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

I think it could be as long as you have the dealer install sheet and shows on the original bill of sale. Otherwise no. Only time will tell. I would just be happy to see these cars get above 10-15k in resale!
Old 04-02-2011, 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

i know at one time SAP grilles were selling for alot of money after they were discontinued.

i got mine just in time.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

id love to have some of the grilles, but for 300 bux plus the cost of painting them, ill keep my stock grille. i can buy a nitrous kit for that, or a new set of drag radials.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

worst come to worst, if i wanted to get out of my car, i guess i could sell off or trade my sap stuff for standard plus$ then sell the goat for what everybody else is getting. dont know y im saying this cause i dont see getting rid of it. its just too much fun being in the club.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:12 PM
12 Second Club

Why wouldn't the SAP make it worth more? I'd think it would. The pieces aren't cheap therefore more money into the car should be valued higher. Seems to make sense to me. Maybe not a big difference but should be valued a little higher.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

in a owner that bought the car new's eyes it probobly would be since they opted to pay more for it. but a second owner probobly wouldnt think so since its a dealer add on and not a factory option and wouldnt blue book any differently than a normal gto. its just like the car itself, its kinda rare and limited production but still not worth a GREAT hunk of money. its value isnt that much more than any other car in its class. i see ws6 trans ams that are 5 years older than these cars in the same price range. so it is what it is. i wouldnt think an sap car would be any more valuable to the average person. it all comes down to how much does the person looking to buy the car want to pay for an sap car over a regular one.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

i guess honestly i would have to advertise my car as a RARE SAP to try and draw out a collector that wants to invest in a car that may garner more value down the road.ive been in the retail business for several years , and in the end it all about perceived value. its all about finding the right buyer.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

i guess honestly i would have to advertise my car as a RARE SAP to try and draw out a collector that wants to invest in a car that may garner more value down the road.ive been in the retail business for several years , and in the end it all about perceived value. its all about finding the right buyer.
you sound like a typical car sales man. if by down the road you mean 50 or 60 years than yeah maybe. but buying a car for 20 grand today and storing and maintaining it for that long only to sell it for 25 grand isnt what i would call a real good investment. now if it were a manaro right hand drive from australia and it were some sort of special package car i could see it being worth a good bit more. but i can buy all the sap stuff online for less than a grand and nobody will know its not a real sap car except me. its not gonna bring any more value to the car. a prospective buyer is more than likely going to go elsewhere and find a gto in just as good of condition with just as much hp and just as clean for several thousand less and hes gonna be just as happy driving that car. and if he wants to he can buy all the sap stuff online also for less than a grand. it is what it is. if they had made a dick harrell type edition of the car i could see value, but an appearance kid added by the dealership? no not really.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:30 PM
TECH Veteran

It might be worth more to people who know what the SAP parts are but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't increase the value. At least not yet.

That and the SAP parts are a matter of taste. The recessed grilles everyone loves I think are hideous. The SAP rear cover is horrid too. But I like the front fascia extension and side skirts which I had on my LS2 GTO.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

different strokes , different fokes. when i bought my car , i was tired of all the electrical problems i was having with my 99Z28 . i went looking for a gto because pre 5th gen , that was all u could get rear drive LS powered. im came across this car at a large pontiac dealer in my area. it was there demo 05 to showcase the new improved LS2 powered goat, so they installed all the fluff on it to push sales. i fell in love with it on sight. i didnt know until later that it had the SAP package. i just thought it looked better than any modern goat i had seen. and about me sounding like a used car salesman, all due respect, but while in the retail buisness i was always honest and NEVER lied to make a sell(by the way, i didnt sell cars). the truth of the matter is everything is perceived value in retail. fyi just as an example...diamonds an one of the most common gems in the world. they shouldnt be worth much more than the gravel in your driveway BUT people pay 1000.00 for a carat . it is what it is.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:00 PM
12 Second Club

If anything will make this car more valueable it would be the color combo and wheel combo. I believe its 2005 quicksilver with 18's,red interior and A4 they only made 15 of that combo. Or the flathood 05's that had the 04 hood but the sap i really cant see that happening. Plus how many people still have the builtsheet. I remember the SAP grille sale very well. Some of them were going for a grand easily.

Quick Reply: sap car worth more ?