Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

GTO 2 step button shifter

Old 04-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTO 2 step button shifter

Trying to locate a shifter **** for my aftermarket gto Shifter...needs a button on it. I think hurst has a t handle style one (not sure of part number yet) and a sidewinder ball with a button but its white and i need black or atleast not white.

any others out there that u guys know of?
Old 04-17-2011, 07:01 AM
On The Tree

jegs sells a black ball with the button in the center.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:54 AM
On The Tree

I was considering some sort of button for my A4 shifter to use with my Lingenfelter launch controller, but decided on something hands-free. I bought the Lingenfelter mile per hour switch (was included with the launch controller in their "drag pac" package and wired it up with the launch controller to activate under two conditions-- the brake pedal must be down and the vehicle must be under 10mph. I do still use a switch to toggle the launch controller on and off when I'm not at the track, but I just leave the switch turned on while I'm at the track.

So when I'm at the tree all I do is plant gas pedal to the floor (launch controller set at 2,000 RPM) while I hold the brake down. When I release the brake the launch controller cuts off and I just pray that I hook

If you're running a six-speed you can do the exact same setup, only wire the clutch switch to the launch controller instead of the brake switch. You'll need to wire a simply relay (ie: clutch switch as ground [-], and output from MPH switch as positive [+] trigger) to activate the launch controller, but I think you'd love everything being hands-free. And you can do like me and just install a switch anywhere you'd like to turn the launch controller off when you're not at the track in the event that you want to rev past your launch controller limit when under the pre-determined MPH. Otherwise, like in my situation, without a switch to disable the launch controller I'd never be able to throw a rev over 2k RPM when standing still or under 10 mph.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GTO 2 step button shifter