TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

thats a mechanic id never use.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by newschool72
most people that think its a g6 wouldnt know the difference when u fire it up anyway.
Haha good point. Never really thought about it like that...it helps my conscience when I stand up for my beast when people question it like that though.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My favorite is when people tell me about my car and then they say it's slow and ask to race because it's slow, then I race them and. Eat their little 4 cyl Honda then they ask for a ride or if they can drive after they just made fun of it and lost... LOL

A raved a wrx on the highway in my first Gto (heads/cam/full exhaust) and he to me to take of first, he had turbo back exhaust bigger fuel pump and injectors with the boost turned up (was a 2009) so after 30 seconds of me telling him to go first he insisted. So I took off from a third gear roll at 60, I ran away from like he hit the brakes, about 4 or 5 bus lengths I pulled, all he had to say was, damn that thing is fast I let you go first and you walked all over me.. I thought it was a g6, then he asked if I had cutouts and I said,"no full exhaust and smal cam" he didn't have anything to say to that lol
Old 02-09-2012, 07:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JoeyG2
My favorite is when people tell me about my car and then they say it's slow and ask to race because it's slow, then I race them and. Eat their little 4 cyl Honda then they ask for a ride or if they can drive after they just made fun of it and lost... LOL

A raved a wrx on the highway in my first Gto (heads/cam/full exhaust) and he to me to take of first, he had turbo back exhaust bigger fuel pump and injectors with the boost turned up (was a 2009) so after 30 seconds of me telling him to go first he insisted. So I took off from a third gear roll at 60, I ran away from like he hit the brakes, about 4 or 5 bus lengths I pulled, all he had to say was, damn that thing is fast I let you go first and you walked all over me.. I thought it was a g6, then he asked if I had cutouts and I said,"no full exhaust and smal cam" he didn't have anything to say to that lol
Haha I HATE when people ask to drive it. I'm just like, "WHO THE **** ARE YOU??? No you can't drive it!!!".
Old 02-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Some guy tried to tell me my car was FWD. I told him to take a look under the car and tell me why there was a driveshaft going to a rear.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

I love it when there's no-it-alls and they bash everything.....ppl don't believe me on my 04, I bought it as a roller wrecked, tell them to come over and check it out, everyone that's done it said it's a sexxy beast, can't wait to ride in it
Old 02-10-2012, 11:29 AM

I find that most people nowadays are ignorant of so many things in life it truly scares me on how our country can survive another 20 years. Intelligence/education is dropping through the floor and no one has any form of situational awareness other than what the Kardashians are doing or some overrated athlete's life. My point, the GTO is the least of my worries when it comes to what people should be noticing. Yes it's annoying, but that's what people do.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mr.Sandman
I find that most people nowadays are ignorant of so many things in life it truly scares me on how our country can survive another 20 years. Intelligence/education is dropping through the floor and no one has any form of situational awareness other than what the Kardashians are doing or some overrated athlete's life. My point, the GTO is the least of my worries when it comes to what people should be noticing. Yes it's annoying, but that's what people do.
I BLAME JERSEY SHORE! If research shows that the intelligence of man has declined in the past 3-ish years I blame those idiots...especially the girls. How did a single one of them make it through high school? I swear people praise them for their stupidity. Our world is heading in a not so nice direction.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

once a week if i have thecar out someone tells me about my car or something they had that was better, i was at burger king the other day and i was in the car a guy walks next to me and ask how much hp i made, i told him and as soon as i could say anything else he told me about his stroked out ws6 that made just 60 more hp than i did on his so called 100 shot,i just told him yeah thats cool, but in my mind im thinking your stroked out ls motor with h/c and spray only makes 60 more hp than my cam only ls1 car . some people know it all , and some just have to one up ya,
Old 02-11-2012, 02:05 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
once a week if i have thecar out someone tells me about my car or something they had that was better, i was at burger king the other day and i was in the car a guy walks next to me and ask how much hp i made, i told him and as soon as i could say anything else he told me about his stroked out ws6 that made just 60 more hp than i did on his so called 100 shot,i just told him yeah thats cool, but in my mind im thinking your stroked out ls motor with h/c and spray only makes 60 more hp than my cam only ls1 car . some people know it all , and some just have to one up ya,
A stroked ls with h/c and spray? Making only 60 more hp? Something isn't right there. Either he's completely full of **** or has the world's worst tuner lol. I hear ya though.
Two Fridays ago I was at a QT around 2am getting some hot chocolate. I pulled up in the GTO and there was a modded Nissan 350, another import, and a Mercedes all sitting next to each other. I knew I was gonna get that "5.7 or 6.0?" question. Always do. I guess most people don't know that flat hood 2004 GTOs are all 5.7s. Anything with the scoops should be a 2005-6 with a 6.0. In their defense a lot of '04 owners do opt for the scooped hood. Anyways...as soon as I opened the door a guy asked me that question as he was sitting in the back seat of the Mercedes. My answer was, "It's a 2004. 5.7". I expected the next comment, as well. "That's ***** dude. You should have got the 6.0. My buddy has one. It's way faster than the 5.7s. Or you should get an AMG Mercedes (wasn't actually an AMG) like this". I said, "No. I actually like my car" and walked in to get my hot chocolate. I figured that was the end of that and that they would be gone when I came out. Wrong. Now all of the sudden he has a new 5.0 Mustang and wants to race me...WHILE IT'S SNOWING!!! I knew he was full of ****, but just let it go and go in my car and left. Next day I posted in a local FaceBook group about my encounter. The dumbass commented on it! So now I had the ability to creep on his page...AND HE DRIVES A COBALT! Ha! Made my day...
Old 02-12-2012, 10:48 AM
On The Tree

does it annoy you when the guy trying to sell you an 06 gto a4, that i swung by to take a peak at, tells you this car will do 260mph... it was bone stock
Old 02-12-2012, 10:48 AM
On The Tree

o yeah and he even knew i have a gto i drove it there..lol
Old 02-13-2012, 10:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BSGTOLS2
does it annoy you when the guy trying to sell you an 06 gto a4, that i swung by to take a peak at, tells you this car will do 260mph... it was bone stock
Originally Posted by BSGTOLS2
o yeah and he even knew i have a gto i drove it there..lol
You can't fix stupid. They're quick but the only way they're doing 260 stock is if they get dropped out of the sky.

Quick Reply: Does it annoy you when...?