Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Need advice about buying a 2004 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This has been beaten to death on several different forums including this one.

Enough, back on topic.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Ya, dont you LS2 guys have some oil to consume or something? Lol JP!
Old 06-04-2012, 02:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by L92 fox
And a cammed 5.7 making 490 tq to the wheels. You must be pretty stupid to truly believe that number.

You have lost all credibility.....
Originally Posted by L92 fox
Greg.....no 5.7 car ever made that power with a small cam and ported heads, I find it funny the guy was being an *** to me and says he know a guy that made 490 wtq......really??? I doubt he posts back.
Here I am...posting back. I get on here every few days. My apologies for having other things to do.
I was somewhat premature with my claims as it has not been dynod in this setup. That was an estimate made by the 2 people that built the car based on previous cars they've built with similar setups. Hence, the "-ish" added to each claim. They wen't for broke with these heads. There is absolutely no flow left to be gotten. And if I failed to mention before, he had his intake ported, as well. However, I don't know what size TB he's running and I might be a little off on the cam. I know he started out with the TSP Torquer V3 and had PTV issues so he looked into the V2 and 228R. I believe he ended up with the 228R, but could be wrong. Either way, numbers wouldn't change much.
The car should be going back to the dyno this week or next. If I can get him to email me a copy or even remember to ask, I'll upload it here. If I'm wrong I'm man enough to admit to it. After all, I'm only relaying what I've been told...

Originally Posted by gconnoyer
Hazzz whos 04 made that power?!
Originally Posted by gconnoyer
And now to get back on topic with the ls1 vs ls2 argument....
460/490 from a h/c ls1 is ridiculous....and if it did happen, Id love to see the dyno sheet and specs for the mods.
Donkey dick cam, crazy milled and ported heads, revs to 9k....
It's Bobby's car. The '04 PBM that was on the cruise 2 weeks ago with the semi-gloss SAP grills and JHP lip spoiler.
A local buddy of his (Cody H-somethin') that had a lot to do with the starting of the high performance at Ranken built it. He did all of the install and porting. Stegmeier did some further work on the heads and they're now at 12:1 compression. Shane R(slammin86) finally got the tune down.
What you weren't able to see at the cruise is that THAT. CAR. RUNS! Turns out he had a couple clogged injectors. He's got that fixed now, and is working on lowering his radiator a bit to feed his SVEDE better. Then it will be going on Stegmeier's dyno. He wants to add the Fast 92/92 combo in the future.

Originally Posted by akkkmed
Really?! That's one hell of a deal. Now I'm jealous. I can't find ANY GTO for that price with those miles....
Yes, really. I looked...for a LONG time. Saw it listed for $12k 2 months before I actually bought it. I figured I could still find a better deal (and wasn't sold on the yellow color. Really wanted the Impulse) so I continued to look. 2 months later I saw the price was dropped to $10k. The owner just had their 2nd child and had no "family" car. So, this had to be sold...quickly. I contacted them and negotiated a lower price due to a WalMart dent ($250 fix) and a CEL being on (no cats and the rear o2 sensor was loose-$0). I drove 5 hours (1 way) to pick it up and the rest is history.
Here she is (photo by ^gconnoyer):

Last edited by thehazz12; 06-04-2012 at 03:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Need advice about buying a 2004 GTO