Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

suddenly lost in power in 05 gto

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suddenly lost in power in 05 gto

so it started the other day with the radio where i would be driving and the whole radio would shut off lights and everything but just the radio and today i was reversing out of a parking spot and lost power in the whole car i thought i stalled at first so i cranked it back up and drove home and then i stalled the car on purpose to see if the lights and stuff shut off with it and they dont need help with the sudden lose of power
Old 06-04-2012, 11:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Electrical gremlins? Common in these cars...my gauges started acting up one day so I looked into this after gconnoyer told me what caused it. Normally it's the radio, gauge cluster, lights, or some combination of them. I have the Ls1 so I don't have to worry about that drive-by-wire stuff, but I can see how it may affect your Ls2 car in that way. There's a bundle of wires behind the glove box that tends to rub back there. If a wire/wires has been rubbed considerably to the point of the coating on the wires becoming bare you'll have those issues. Get under there and wrap them up real good, and your problems should be solved. There's a sticky on ls1gto.com about it. Go there for more info. Hope that helped and solves all your problems.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks man ill look into it in the morning
Old 06-05-2012, 10:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by duvalsoldier904
thanks man ill look into it in the morning
No problem.

Quick Reply: suddenly lost in power in 05 gto