Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

2004 GTO cam, intake, exhaust -- DYNO results

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 02:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 GTO cam, intake, exhaust -- DYNO results

I just got back from ZZP, i wanted a minimum of a baseline dyno to see what power i was making and the AFR. Before any adjustments the car made 374hp on a mustang dyno MUCH to my surprize. Power is very linear with no spikes, dips, bumps, etc starts to plateau around 6200.

Tim from ZZP added 4 degrees of timing and leaned it out some since it was running 12.0 AFR. to the results of 391hp.

I guess a combination of weight and gearing is throwing off my "butt dyno" going to the track friday to see what i turn. I have a haunch that it will run a decent time, it just doesnt "feel" that quick to me because under 5k rpms it doesnt make a ton of power and has really tall gearing. ( my daily driving very rarely goes above 3500-4000 rpm )

My 00 trans am with 3400 stall, 4.10 gears, cam, intake, exhaust felt insane
Old 07-31-2012, 03:07 PM
12 Second Club

Very nice numbers, you have to keep in mind also the quality of the gto and the softness of the ride compared to a trans am. I've road in friends camaro's and trans am's and thought to myself theirs "felt" faster but then go out and run them and win comfortably. I feel like my car doesn't feel nearly as fast as what it runs.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:15 PM
Launching!

i noticed this too
Old 07-31-2012, 03:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kind of like a loud exhaust makes you think you're going faster. I had a CTS-V nearly stay with me just making a whoosh
Old 07-31-2012, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by impulsegoat
Very nice numbers, you have to keep in mind also the quality of the gto and the softness of the ride compared to a trans am. I've road in friends camaro's and trans am's and thought to myself theirs "felt" faster but then go out and run them and win comfortably. I feel like my car doesn't feel nearly as fast as what it runs.
Yeah, my wife picked out this GTO and i must say i really like it. It wasnt on my short list of cars to buy. Its a really nice car to be in compared to my Fbodies. I really only bought the firebirds because i liked the engine, but not really the car around it.

The GTO is a dang nice car to spend some time in though, so i owe my wife big time :-)

We get tons of compliments everywhere we go on the exhaust note. Ill post a video soon, plus friday my test and tune run at martin

Quick Reply: 2004 GTO cam, intake, exhaust -- DYNO results