Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Ls1gto.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Lol probobly? Why lol. I had this **** on for half a day so i could see if i liked the tinted look. Plus tail lights and blinker visibility is reduced by 80% atleast
i was just wondering how that looked like just to see
Old 10-30-2012, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Lmfao i can tell your not on there. Haha **** gets real in a hurry there, and mods dont shut htreads down unless they are 100% full retard. They enjoy watching idiots fail just as much as us. They dont shut em down, they switch them to the lounge
Old 11-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Launching!

AKA, they switch them to noob hell lmao. I do enjoy it at times, I actually got a huge kick out of some of the responses when I went into the FPFQ thread, and misspelled a word. Some of the **** was pretty funny.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of good technical information here. This site is awesome!
Old 11-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Teching In

I quit that site after I was banned by the gestapo 3 times. I prefer the knowledge base on this site over all others LS type.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Teamscss.com
I quit that site after I was banned by the gestapo 3 times. I prefer the knowledge base on this site over all others LS type.
hahaha what did you do to get banned?
Old 11-15-2012, 10:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The general LS knowledge here is sooo much better.

But you can't find the GTO specific stuff here you can on LS1GTO.
I rarely post over there anymore. If I'm there I'm searching for something and only post if I have to.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Robofuzz
Part of my issue with LS1GTO and one of the reasons I started GasTiresOil.com is how they are so protectionist of sponsors, to the detriment of their subscribers and the open exchange of information.

An example: a sponsor was selling IAT sensor relocation kits. I started a DIY thread about how to make your own IAT relocation kit. It was deleted with no explanation (by a moderator who happened to be the sponsor selling the kits). When I asked about it, I was told that I could not post a DIY thread for something a sponsor sells. Really? Some people are technical enough to be able to assemble the pieces themselves, and some people want to buy a kit. As long as I'm not directly competing with a paying sponsor, why can't I discuss a DIY?

Another example: a particular vendor makes something that no current site sponsors make or sell. We were not even allowed to discuss it because it wasn't sold by a sponsor.

I didn't get into this hobby to enrich sponsors or enrich some corporation that owns a ton of unrelated car websites. I got into this hobby because I like working on cars and interacting with people that like cars, sharing technical information, helping each other out, etc. So, I started GasTiresOil.com where folks that like their 2004-2006 GTOs can interact without all the drama. While I accept sponsors on the site, the majority of them have paid for their sponsorship with parts. I'm not in it for the money - I'm in it for the friendships and the hobby. I'm not trying to compete with LS1GTO for subscribers or advertising. Certainly LS1GTO is the best technical online resource for our cars. On GasTiresOil.com we routinely link to threads on LS1GTO.

Try PMing someone on LS1GTO about something on GasTiresOil.com - maybe copy and paste a link from GasTiresOil.com. Your message gets automatically edited - even in private messages. Nice, huh?
Old post, even more relevent today.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Just ignore the idiots on ls1gto.com and don't allow yourself to be pulled into a confrontation. Don't respond to BS. There is a lot of GTO information there.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jontall
Just ignore the idiots on ls1gto.com and don't allow yourself to be pulled into a confrontation. Don't respond to BS. There is a lot of GTO information there.
Agree. I left because "Lounge" material, like recipes and amateur financial advice, among other trivial topics, constantly is apparently considered GTO "Tech"...and mods can't fix it. It has a great wealth of information for GTOwners, and I will continue to monitor; however, I don't see any reason to contribute any more.

Quick Reply: Ls1gto.com