Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Rear vibration/hop on light acceleration.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by batboy
You don't know how to jack up a car and check bolts? Holy cow! Why even post this thread?
You assume I don't now you're making yourself look like an ***.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:40 PM
12 Second Club

Sooo what was wrong with your driveshaft? My buddy is kinda having the same problem. I will be over there tom to get a hands on feel but from what he explained sounds alot like this. Were they bent? Just un balanced?
Old 08-24-2012, 09:07 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by exodus_gs1
Sooo what was wrong with your driveshaft? My buddy is kinda having the same problem. I will be over there tom to get a hands on feel but from what he explained sounds alot like this. Were they bent? Just un balanced?
The center bearing is shot and they are having a hard time locating one.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:42 AM
12 Second Club

O damn, ok cool thanks. Hopefully they spring for a solid one and make your life easier
Old 08-24-2012, 12:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by silver86
The center bearing is shot and they are having a hard time locating one.
The carrier bearing, that's the center bearing thing you are referring to (which is one of the things I told you to check), is not replaceable. You have to change out the whole driveshaft. The stock driveshaft is a piece of crap. I replaced mine with a high performance one from Gforce1320.

Posting a question on a car enthusiast do-it-yourself forum and then ignoring what was said to just take the car to the stealership seems a bit asinine to me.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by batboy
The carrier bearing, that's the center bearing thing you are referring to (which is one of the things I told you to check), is not replaceable. You have to change out the whole driveshaft. The stock driveshaft is a piece of crap. I replaced mine with a high performance one from Gforce1320.

Posting a question on a car enthusiast do-it-yourself forum and then ignoring what was said to just take the car to the stealership seems a bit asinine to me.
it's not that I don't appreciate the advice but if I can just drop it off and have it fixed for free why would I waste my time. I have better things to do with my time than work on a car that can be fixed free of charge. i just bought the car so I wasn't sure if this was a known issue. I will talk to then about a ds from gforce1320 and see.what they say,.thanks for the site!

Quick Reply: Rear vibration/hop on light acceleration.