Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Polyurethane mounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 11:15 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Polyurethane mounts

Hey guys, I have polyurethane motor mounts and couldn't be happier, have thought of solid mounts but later when I have get a daily...

Anyways, back on topic: are any of you guys running a poly transmission mount? If so what brand? I can't seem to find any, I've just seen the insert for the oem mount but I don't feel like it will do justice since I'm sure my stock mount is worn out already

Thanks..
Old 01-15-2014, 02:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are some guys over on LS1 GTO DOT COM that have poly trans mounts and some others that have done a mod to the factory mount. Head over and check it out, search for Trans mount mod.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Buzzmanb12
There are some guys over on LS1 GTO DOT COM that have poly trans mounts and some others that have done a mod to the factory mount. Head over and check it out, search for Trans mount mod.
Alright thanks ill check em out, I've done searches for mounts and only forums that popped up was for the motor mounts didn't see any threads on trans mount, hopefully it's not the window weld mod since I have to let it cure over some time since I have no other car, but hopefully I get some good ideas there
Old 01-15-2014, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the insert and like it, took me half an hour to install
Old 01-16-2014, 10:49 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SSGoat
Alright thanks ill check em out, I've done searches for mounts and only forums that popped up was for the motor mounts didn't see any threads on trans mount, hopefully it's not the window weld mod since I have to let it cure over some time since I have no other car, but hopefully I get some good ideas there
That was the name of one of the mods! Maybe you can pick up a used mount and support and make a solid one yourself. You can find the used parts pretty cheap now.

EDIT* If I knew where my old one was You could have it for the cost of shipping. I have a solid mount with the 4L80.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:29 PM
Staging Lane

Revshift sells a little poly insert for the trans mount if you don't want to window weld.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Blk98Vert
I have the insert and like it, took me half an hour to install
Might just end up doing this... How much of a difference from stock was it?
Just sucks ima have to buy a new bushing and the insert
Old 01-17-2014, 08:38 PM
Launching!

That was the name of one of the mods! Maybe you can pick up a used mount and support and make a solid one yourself. You can find the used parts pretty cheap now. EDIT* If I knew where my old one was You could have it for the cost of shipping. I have a solid mount with the 4L80.
Hmmm don't think i have the resources or ability to fab a solid one myself lol
And damn that would've been nice, you're saying you have a solid mount now?
Old 01-17-2014, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by steamwalker
Revshift sells a little poly insert for the trans mount if you don't want to window weld.
I've just seen the insert for the oem mount but I don't feel like it will do justice since I'm sure my stock mount is worn out already Thanks..
Old 01-17-2014, 10:13 PM
Staging Lane

Anyways, back on topic: are any of you guys running a poly transmission mount? If so what brand? I can't seem to find any, I've just seen the insert for the oem mount but I don't feel like it will do justice since I'm sure my stock mount is worn out already
Why not just get the SCSS trans mount? I know folks that have it with no complaints. I don't have one but have driven in a car with one and I didn't even notice it was there.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by steamwalker
Why not just get the SCSS trans mount? I know folks that have it with no complaints. I don't have one but have driven in a car with one and I didn't even notice it was there.

There we go, I had seen that one when I bought my motor mounts but at the time I just wanted the motor mounts, I completely forgot about the name of those ill look em up and ask them since I remember they only sold be motor mounts alone, or motor mounts and trans mount I couldn't find where to get just the trans mount, depending on the price I'll see wether I do a revshift with new oem mount and window weld it if I see any open spaces or if the price is right ill just get the scss Thanks!

Edit: you're saying shaking wise you didn't notice it or performance wise? Would you get it after driving a goat with one?
Old 01-19-2014, 11:04 AM
Launching!

Ended up buying the rev shift insert this morning I'll see how it goes, I figured it's going to be cheaper anyway to go this route and after reading on the site that sells the trans and motor mounts together, the reason why they don't sell the trans mount separate and it makes sense (duh);

The reason they don't sell it individually is because if you use a harder bushing on the trans mount than the motor mounts, you'll put all the stress from the engine moving more than the trans on the bell housing... My common sense has obviously gone out the window over the years lol Will be getting a new oem trans mount to slap on with the insert
Old 01-19-2014, 10:47 PM
Staging Lane

You could get the trans mount from SCSS directly. But you are correct, you wouldn't want poly trans mount with stock motor mounts but I recalled you saying that you already had poly motor mounts.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:56 AM
Launching!

Cool

For what it's worth I have the insert and then my tranny mount disconnected from the metal base,lol.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:51 PM
TECH Regular

Hmmm don't think i have the resources or ability to fab a solid one myself lol
And damn that would've been nice, you're saying you have a solid mount now?
Yes, solid trans mount and the HARD compound Motor Mounts from HINSON. My car was the test mule for the motor mounts.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:34 AM
Launching!

Yes, solid trans mount and the HARD compound Motor Mounts from HINSON. My car was the test mule for the motor mounts.
Nice what's that feel like on the goat? I really want to go solid on the motor mounts but in time...

Quick update: I'll be installing the new oem mount w/insert this weekend I'll see if it makes a difference, material seems pretty solid so might just be worth the 40 bucks, well see
Old 01-30-2014, 09:05 AM
TECH Regular

Nice what's that feel like on the goat? I really want to go solid on the motor mounts but in time...

Quick update: I'll be installing the new oem mount w/insert this weekend I'll see if it makes a difference, material seems pretty solid so might just be worth the 40 bucks, well see
I like it a lot, you can feel all the shake!
Old 02-01-2014, 07:03 PM
Launching!

I like it a lot, you can feel all the shake!
Niceee that's what I want, hopefully I make up my mind on selling my goat for a c6Z or get another car for a dd n build it... Get solid everything!!!! Lol

Did the motor mount and it did make a difference feels way more solid, sloppy shifts Are gone, haven't gotten on it much yet but I'll see how it goes during the week... Check out the difference

Polyurethane mounts-image-4087061418.jpg
Old 02-03-2014, 11:18 AM
TECH Regular

WOW! I forgot how feeble the stocker looks.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Launching!

WOW! I forgot how feeble the stocker looks.
Yea that thing was worn the hell out, I looked at the size difference and it's exactly the same as the oem one I bought for the insert it just collapsed from the top all worn out

Quick Reply: Polyurethane mounts