Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Shifter knob&Boot #'s

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 02:54 PM
NKAWTG...N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Shifter ****&Boot #'s

Hello friendly GTO cousin's....(or would it be aunt's and uncle's?)

I'm having a bit of a problem, I have a thread in appearance about a pet project I have going trying to put a GTO **** and boot on my SS. I ordered the parts and didn't get the correct ones (go dealership!). Anywho I was wondering if anyone can link me or pm me to where I can find parts diagrams on GTO transmissions/shift **** parts that would help alot. I'm not having much success finding any info or part numbers on it. Thanks.

what i want:

what i have:

Old 06-18-2004, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

I think it might be kind of a challenge though, becuase I heard that gm does not even have most of the part numbers yet But, I think that the sticks are inerchangable between the F-bodys and the goat because there is a guy on LS1GTO.com that put a short stick from an F-body on his gto becuase it rattled or something, so he has the threaded one with the hurst ****. Heres the link if you wanna check it out...shifter

And to put the gto **** on you basically have to order the whole thing (im guessing you already know that, lol). But I will be getting my GTO in the next week, and I would be happy to look to see if there are any part numbers on it for you Or maybe the guy from this thread knows the numbers..

Hope this helped ya out..

-Brian
Old 06-18-2004, 04:31 PM
NKAWTG...N

Thanks, ya thats like the opposite of what I am trying to do. Ya I'm trying to order the whole thing now, just can't find any of the numbers to order it all. But hopefully it will turn out.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:03 PM
NKAWTG...N

also if anyone can measure or educated guess the size of the whole (ex: length by width) that in their console, i just wanna make sure that a GTO boot would fit in my SS's shift console thing. Thanks!!!
Old 06-18-2004, 08:32 PM
Banned

Buy the stick for the GTO and it will all pop and bolt together. You have our crappy stick but hey .... who said looking good was this easy
Old 06-19-2004, 05:39 AM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by devilyellow
Buy the stick for the GTO and it will all pop and bolt together. You have our crappy stick but hey .... who said looking good was this easy
i need the part numbers to buy the stick and the rest of the **** though
Old 06-19-2004, 06:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Have you tried a dealership to get the part number? The tabs on my throttle cable relaxer cover broke, and they faxed me the diagram page so I could point out the part I was looking for. Of course, I can't buy just the cover and the assembly is $650, so I'm screwed anyway - but it's probably your best bet.
Dan
Old 06-19-2004, 02:47 PM
Teching In

Stoleit
You appear to have the Monaro auto shifter, without the button in it !
Here's a part no. for a Monaro Boot & ****
92112851 ****, Manual Trans (leather)
92094057 Boot, Manual Trans
Get a dealer to plug the numbers in & see what they come up with.
Not certain what colour stitching that part no. is
R
Old 06-19-2004, 06:42 PM
NKAWTG...N

Dan, I tried but the dealership is completely stupid. They ordered the wrong part for me already which I had to return. Then the guy said he can't find any more part numbers for what I want. I'm like fine I'll find em myself. I hate going to Jennings Chevy, I've had problems with their service department before but sadly they are my only option.

Roger, this is actually from a GTO. Part number 92145646. Where did you get the part numbers for the Monaro? Because I just need it for the GTO. I'm sure the GTO and Monaro are very very similar.
Old 06-20-2004, 07:32 AM
Teching In

Stoleit
I dont know for certain, but I'll bet all the snow in Canada, that the item they got for you is the auto shifter (that's what it looks like anyway.....).
Am also reasonably sure that the part nos. for stuff here will be exactly as you have there. Can't see GM making a new set of part nos. for the GTO which have to be converted from the Australian ones.....but stranger things have happened.
Am interested to see what your GM US parts guy comes up with when he throws those nos. (I supplied in the earlier post) into his computer. Don't be too harsh, the (relative) pace with which you got the Monaro there means that the simple things (like shifters, etc.) got forgotten ...........
Of course, if they haven't been given the full compliment of parts yet, nothing will come up, but eventually the Aus nos will have to come online over there.
To get more clarification, ring a Holden dealer in Aus & quiz the guy. That way, you should be able to clarify part nos. (& colour, 'cause I know there are several different colours in the stitching).
A reasonably large Holden parts distributor here is a mob called Suttons (in Sydney). Number for you would be +61 2 9746 4500 or +61 2 9746 6150.
(Sydney is 15 hours ahead of Illinois - you will definitely get them there between 9-5 on a weekday & probably Saturday mornings).
If the guy you get appears unhelpful, try another - Boyded +61 2 9204 6677
Let me know how you go.
Roger
Old 06-20-2004, 01:36 PM
NKAWTG...N

Thanks Roger, I'm looking at the numbers you gave me and just at how many digits there are! I agree I'm sure there are many many many replicated parts on the GTO that are found on the Monaro. And this handle could infact be the same handle that is found on the autos. Like that part is the same the difference between the auto and manual ***** are on the metal backing part that I don't have.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by stoleit
I'm sure there are many many many replicated parts on the GTO that are found on the Monaro.
Stoleit

Apart from the fuel tank relocation, the poxy (well we think it is) front end ( sorry Dan), slightly different exhaust & of cause the steering wheel being on the wrong side (we have it on the correct side !), the GTO & Monaro ARE identical & nearly all of there respective bits & pieces are the same.

Am still astounded a dealer in the states could order only part of a shift **** - I didnt think you could get them in pieces, hence why I am fairly certain it was the auto one you had, as the button on the auto comes in either black or a chrome / solver colour & they have the interlock in them, whereas the manual is all in one piece (albeit made of different parts, but not really an interchangeable parts).

There would be probably at least 10 different manual ***** available, the difference being whether the part with the shift map on it is chrome or black & then the myriad of stitching colours on the leather portion. Know for sure there is black stitching on black, yellow stitching on black, blue, red, etc., etc., hence why you need to call a dealer here.

And don't forget, its not just the Monaro, you can get variations on the SS as well.

Enjoy

Quick Reply: Shifter knob&Boot #'s