Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Ls2 wiring

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 06:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls2 wiring

So can anyone tell me what this plug goes ro. I think it is the cam position sensor because I'm getting p0340 & p0341 codes. Also where is the sensor located if that is it? Also does anyone know what can cause the throttle body to rest at about 20% open. Does not affect idle. It just has a powered down resting state of 20% open and on idle tps reads 19% open. Thanks guys. 3 wire plug in the same loom as the MAF and alternator plugs. I think it comes from the injector harness and knock sensor harness. Drivers side.
https://ibb.co/c2U9ox

Last edited by InYuco Katan; 02-04-2018 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Picture didn't upload
Old 02-04-2018, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Nevermind everyone. It was the cam position sensor plug. I guess it came unplugged before I got the car. That thing is a bitch to get back in from the top, but I think I got it. I will check tomorrow when I start it.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:12 AM
Teching In

Also after researching on youtube. I conclude that the TB stays open a bit on all of the TBW designed TB's. I have never owned a TBW car all i had to go off of was my trans am and it has a cable and has a stop that will not let it go back. These apparently can go back about 10% past unpowered state. So I going to leave this tread open until tomorrow and if the cam codes go away I will delete this tomorrow.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:10 PM
Teching In

So Cam codes are gone. Onlything left is the TB issue. It responds as it should, just laggy. I have found that to be the case with all TBW vehicles. My 2015 ram does it too although the tune i got for it almost has it 100% eliminated. Later i might switch back to a TBC design. The only other issue is when i pull up my TPS at 0% it is still reading around 20% on the sensor. and at 100% it reads around 80% any ideas? if no one can come up with anything. Admins can close and delete this entire thread.

Quick Reply: Ls2 wiring