Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Would you take the gamble

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 06:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Would you take the gamble

Hey guys. Found a GTO local to me that I never really see move so I stopped and asked whats up. Its a 05 with 78k on it. Exterior is in decent shape, paint is faded a bit on fenders but I think it would compound decent. Interior in pretty good shape only issue is stitching on seats. Engine ran great and auto trans shifted awesome. Has a ghetto exhaust sounded decent, intake, and a decent set of wheels.Only issue i found driving was alignment is off a bit. Talked them to 6k why 6k you ask rebuilt title..

Would you guys take the gamble? I would probably keep car for a while and dont care to much on resale value. I about to get a carfax to see when accident was to kinda get a feel how long it drove since accident. I am thinking if I do decide to buy it. I will tell her in only if I can take it to a alignment shop and have them look at everything as make sure its just a jacked up alignment.

What would you guys do???
Old 05-21-2018, 11:21 PM
Staging Lane

Personally I've seen some decent goats go cheap in my area. So $6k for rebuilt title seems at the high end or a bit too high for what I'd pay. That being said.... I paid $3k for just a 04 roller and drove 5hrs one way to get it. Ultimately it's worth as much as you want to pay.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:01 PM
Teching In

Default Take a gamble?

I just picked up a 06, manual, really nice body and interior for $3k, 120k miles with a horrific rod knock. I now feel even better about the price! It was 35 miles from me.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not bad. I presume you are going to rebuild or replace the engine? Oil pump failure leading to a spun bearing is not uncommon for GTO's.