Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

WTF Happened to the GTO Forum, LS1GTO??

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 12:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by kurazy kracka
cheap. what mufflers did you use? I was looking at just ordering the spintech 3" system once this corsa sells.
I used 3" spintech mufflers I got a pair used on the Facebook GTO page.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris25
I used 3" spintech mufflers I got a pair used on the Facebook GTO page.
I just traded my corsa for a magnaflow 3" with QTP cutouts installed.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I just traded my corsa for a magnaflow 3" with QTP cutouts installed.

I'm actually looking to get a CORSA sport, why did you get rid of it? Just because you needed a larger diameter exhaust? Hows the magnaflow sound compared to CORSA?
Old 10-31-2019, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ReaperHWK
I'm actually looking to get a CORSA sport, why did you get rid of it? Just because you needed a larger diameter exhaust? Hows the magnaflow sound compared to CORSA?
Yea i wanted the 3" piping. The corsa sounded awesome but it was too loud I thought. With the 3" magnaflow, the sound is much deeper and lower pitched. Even with the cutouts open I think the car is quieter than with the corsa. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet and see how the sound compares.
The following users liked this post:
ReaperHWK (10-31-2019)
Old 11-06-2019, 07:42 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Magnaflow on mine and I think its perfect. It is nice and quiet cruising around, just has that little bit of muscle car sound. My car still has stock headers and cats though, so I bet if those got replaced it'd be a lot louder.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim1137
I have the Magnaflow on mine and I think its perfect. It is nice and quiet cruising around, just has that little bit of muscle car sound. My car still has stock headers and cats though, so I bet if those got replaced it'd be a lot louder.
I have Magnaflow on my 04. Shortly after I installed Kooks longtubes and mids with highflow cats. It is a lot louder! When you get on the throttle it sounds awesome.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:46 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How hard was the header install?
Old 11-10-2019, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

i just realized guys like EDC and A_VAS hardly ever post anymore there. none of the knowledgable OG's ever post.

forget it. it's dead. i'm about ready to give up on it myself and just start posting here from now on.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:18 PM
Teching In

Default I am even more confused

By my count there are/were three forums for GTOs. LS1, LS2 and GTOG8TA. Shame that all of that knowledge-base has to go down the *******. A frenemy wedding would have been better!
I am also confused about and ashamed to ask the following: What exactly is wrong with the OEM/stock exhaust, unless there is a future plan to increase HP by ~10+%?
I ask because besides that kink/dimple near the center of the right pipe (between the two exhausts) near the u-joint flange, the whole system shows no signs of its age at 80k miles.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GoatU
By my count there are/were three forums for GTOs. LS1, LS2 and GTOG8TA. Shame that all of that knowledge-base has to go down the *******. A frenemy wedding would have been better!
I am also confused about and ashamed to ask the following: What exactly is wrong with the OEM/stock exhaust, unless there is a future plan to increase HP by ~10+%?
I ask because besides that kink/dimple near the center of the right pipe (between the two exhausts) near the u-joint flange, the whole system shows no signs of its age at 80k miles.
I asked this question on LS1GTO but are the fbook groups any good for actual mechanical content/KB or is it just mostly people showing off and BSing? Part of the reason I have never been on fbook is because I hate the fact that everyone and there brother is trying to be in your life. No thanks.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 152 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by EZGTO
I asked this question on LS1GTO but are the fbook groups any good for actual mechanical content/KB or is it just mostly people showing off and BSing? Part of the reason I have never been on fbook is because I hate the fact that everyone and there brother is trying to be in your life. No thanks.
The FB groups are more for entertainment but the technical info, if it is there at all, is pretty well hidden. There is also a LOT of misinformation there.

LS1GTO.com is having a small comeback, many of the old members are checking in, a few are actually posting again. I still find the place helpful and useful, best GTO-specific knowledge can be found there. Small but knowledgeable crowd. A few of the more helpful members tend to post there and here as well.
EZGTO (05-23-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I say "gagto" 3 times here like Beetlejuice will I get banned like LS1GTO?

2QWK4RU 06 GOAT (02-11-2022)
Old 07-28-2020, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 155 Likes on 129 Posts

I was a member there years ago. Not really missing it for the same reasons others stated. Most people thought they were better than others and always smart *** remarks and belittled people. No thanks.
Old 07-28-2020, 09:19 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe we should have been more proficient pharmaceutical sales people, smoked Cuban cigars, drank more expensive scotch and drove premium German and Japanese makes as our "daily beaters".

We certainly would have been accepted.

Originally Posted by 440_Stroker
I was a member there years ago. Not really missing it for the same reasons others stated. Most people thought they were better than others and always smart *** remarks and belittled people. No thanks.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:09 AM
Staging Lane

Yea i wanted the 3" piping. The corsa sounded awesome but it was too loud I thought. With the 3" magnaflow, the sound is much deeper and lower pitched. Even with the cutouts open I think the car is quieter than with the corsa. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet and see how the sound compares.
I actually have the CORSA sport now installed. It is not loud enough for me, lol. If that magnaflow is quieter I'm glad I got the Corsa.

Next I have to install some kooks long tubes, I haven't decided CAT or no CAT yet. Leaning with CATS though due to smell and it probably pops/crackles too much.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

I got the catback mainly for sound, I have also read that HP gains it's not worth the money and it's better spent on headers. That being said I want a loud car
GoatU (07-31-2020)
Old 07-29-2020, 07:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 155 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshfish
Maybe we should have been more proficient pharmaceutical sales people, smoked Cuban cigars, drank more expensive scotch and drove premium German and Japanese makes as our "daily beaters".

We certainly would have been accepted.
Perhaps. As much as like a good scotch I also like cheap whiskey. My daily is a truck and I don't judge myself by my work title.
Old 07-30-2020, 11:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ReaperHWK
I actually have the CORSA sport now installed. It is not loud enough for me, lol. If that magnaflow is quieter I'm glad I got the Corsa.

Next I have to install some kooks long tubes, I haven't decided CAT or no CAT yet. Leaning with CATS though due to smell and it probably pops/crackles too much.

I didn't mind it when that's all the car had
Old 07-30-2020, 03:29 PM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I am with you, I really liked the stock catback and ran it for as long as I could. I used cutouts installed before the stock catback and they either leaked (electric) or were inconvenient to uncap (block off plates). The only reason I ran the cutouts was so I could race without the extra backpressure of the stock catback. Now I have a full 3" magnaflow exhaust and it sounds close to the stock catback but not quite.

Quick Reply: WTF Happened to the GTO Forum, LS1GTO??