Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

New GTO 1/4 mile time

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 04:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B-MAN
LS1 motors have a safety chip in the CPU. It doesn't sound too detrimental percentage wise, but it does make a difference at the track. This is how it goes

Until the car reaches 500 miles you only get 90% of your over all power,
at 1500 miles you get 95% of your over all power, and at 2300 miles you get 100% of you over all power. this is to aid in breaking in the motor, since new cars do not come with special lubeicant to break in the motor like in the old days.

This is what my friends father told me, I guess he works for GM. However I do not know how creditable this statement is. I am just the messenger.
Put down the crack pipe.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:01 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=B-MAN]LS1 motors have a safety chip in the CPU. It doesn't sound too detrimental percentage wise, but it does make a difference at the track.

B-Man....that is the STUPIDEST thing I ahve ever heard, stop listening to you dads friends counsin aunts neices nephew....that is NOT how things work on new cars....they dont have chips either....the car gets faster because of tolernaces, no chips....tell your dads friend he is a stupid *** liar and I will gladly tell him to his face that he is a ****...

To the guy that ran a 14.6 in his auto GTO...you did so because you CAN'T drive, not because you can drive. If you knew how to drive a late model autoatic LS1 car, you would know not to try to shift the car manually, it will KILL your time. I will bet you $1000 you can run a 14.2 or better if you simply don't touch the shifter...just put it D and ease it out quickly and floor it, don't try to shift it, you will screw up your run. Let the comuter and the tranny di its job, the car shift nice and shifts at about 5900-6000 per tach stock....You have to run better than a 14.6 with some practice....there is no reason to get below a 2.0 short time on a stock auto at a medium track.

SDB
Old 03-13-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

yeah and at 50,000 miles you get 120% of your power.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:11 PM
10 Second Club

Why is everyone being a bunch of as##oles on this forum. All I did was state a possibility based on what I was told, and everyone decides to turn into a bunch of jerks. I stated clearly that I wasn't even sure if this statment was true. I.

I have been posting for some time now and never revieved this kind of treatment. I guess GTO people are just a bunch of disrespectful morons.

SDB sounds like he thinks he knows everything,little does he know that he can get himself in bigger trouble tha he ever imagined talking to people that way.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:10 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Although I thought what you hear and then posted was a bunch of BS, I decided to hold off until someone else made the post

Don't beleive everything you read/hear. Just because it comes from someone who supposedly works for someone or whatever, doesn't mean it is true or means anything. That's like listening to a salesman because he sells GM cars.

Nonetheless, I'm sure there are plenty of us that give info (wheither it be online or in other facets of life) that we think it true, but it couldn't be further from the truth. That's life.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:49 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

B-Man...I talk to people like this every day, and I don't get in trouble...because I know what I am talking about and I can kick ***.

I am so cool...

hey guys, I heard that there is a special chip in my car that makes me more gay than ususal...my daddy's friend told him this when he was butfucking him last night...whispered it right in his ear...I couldn't hear anything since I had my head burried in my daddys friends ***...

see, I am just fine!!!

Quick Reply: New GTO 1/4 mile time