Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Baby carseat in GTO?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baby carseat in GTO?

I'm looking for a new daily driver and with a little one on the way, I need to be able to fit a carseat in the back seat. Anyone carry little kiddies in the back of their Goat?

Thanks in advance,
Matt
Old 04-14-2005, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

I don't have one, but I've seen people at the track with them in the backseat, they fit rather nicely
Old 04-14-2005, 08:46 PM
TECH Resident

It's got all the anchor point for putting a carseat in the back. The tough part will be getting it into the backseat. Not much room to maneuver it in there past the front seat.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:23 PM
Launching!

I had the whole family in mine this last weekend (two little ones plus the wife and me). Rear facing car seats fit, but do not leave much room for the front passenger. Front facing fits like a charm. Overall, I would recommend something a bit bigger until the little one is able to face forward.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Not sure how a rear facing seat would fit but my daughter is 2 1/2 and the seat fits fine. I dont leave the seat in the car when she's not with me because I hate the thought of a 400hp car having a baby seat in it. Just doesn't sit right with me. Anyways she has a blast in the car. If you do get the car, make sure you don't have to transfer seats from one to the other. Its a pain itn the @$#. Its very cramped when putting the seat in but once its back there, both her and the front passenger have plenty of room.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Teching In

I have no problem with the rear facing car seat that my 9 month old daughter rides in. There is plenty of room to get her in the back and once she is in, there is plenty of room for the front passenger. I take her car seat out as well because the seat may leave creases in the leather seating if you leave it in the car constantly. I had a 2001 Monte Carlo SS and had my son's car seat in the back all the time and it left a nasty crease on the back seat before I bought my '05 GTO.

Dr. Dr'e
2005 GTO, M6, Cyclone Grey
Old 04-15-2005, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up rear seats

I will second everything previously posted. I have installed a third seatbelt in the back for my third child. (ages 9, 6, and 3, one's in a carseat too.) The big hassle is getting everyone in & out. The kids love riding in Daddy's car. Things will work a little better once my 3-year old is out of the carseat. It's a little cozy for them back there, but bearable.
Hope this helps.

Maximental
Old 04-20-2005, 10:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Scooter70
I'm looking for a new daily driver and with a little one on the way, I need to be able to fit a carseat in the back seat. Anyone carry little kiddies in the back of their Goat?

Thanks in advance,
Matt
All the time! I have a three year old son and I got a red/black Graco baby seat to match my interior! No problem . . .

Quick Reply: Baby carseat in GTO?