Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

New Hood on the GTO

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 10:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Hood on the GTO

We finally got our "free" 05 installed on the wifes 04 GTO (& washed it to take a pic). Makes the car look a LOT better. But there is just something about my red car you'll see in the pics that will always be a cut above to me.
Attached Thumbnails New Hood on the GTO-gto-hood.jpg   New Hood on the GTO-gto-ta.jpg   New Hood on the GTO-gto-side.jpg   New Hood on the GTO-ta.jpg   New Hood on the GTO-ta-gto.jpg  

Old 04-18-2005, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up I'd agree...

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
We finally got our "free" 05 installed on the wifes 04 GTO (& washed it to take a pic). Makes the car look a LOT better. But there is just something about my red car you'll see in the pics that will always be a cut above to me.
Looks nice. I thought about gettin' the SAP hood, etc. I like the autocross grilles, but could do without the spoiler. There's pix of a Barbados with the SAP on the Bublin Motor Sports website, have you seen them? Here's a link. http://community.webshots.com/photo/...15912385nXMWxd I think if I had my way, I would like to have the Banshee hood. Of course, I don't have the money, and I am not really keen on the idea of letting some bozo at the local bodyshop mess with the paint on my car, so it's all kinda pie-in-the-sky.
I know you're takin' your car, but is your wife takin' the GTO to Bremerton too? I'd like to check it out, if I could. Maybe we could exchange GTOs for a little cruisin'? I'd understand if you didn't want to, but it might be kinda fun. No thrashin' on each others' cars of course. Is it an auto?
Well, enough jabber.

Happy Motoring,

Maximental
Old 04-19-2005, 08:00 AM
10 Second Club

Naw, the wife works that night Max, so I will be flyin solo @ B-town. I take it that means you are planning to drive up?

Now what I need to do is make an air duct to connect to the scoops. I figure if they are functional, why not. Besides, I need to put something under them to catch all the damn Seattle liquid sunshine. And we have those recessed grille inserts on order. Not sure when they will get here, but you just gotta have them to match the hood's inserts IMO. Burbman says they are simple to install. Only paid $225 for em too.

Love your car BTW....beautiful color that barbados!!!
Old 04-19-2005, 08:52 AM
12 Second Club

Two beautys. Looks alot like my collection.

I like my red one better too!
Old 04-19-2005, 09:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I really like the 05 hood. That's why I got one on mine!
Old 04-19-2005, 01:57 PM
10 Second Club

Here's a pic of two gto's with aftermarket hoods. The silver one has the 05 hood where as the blue one has a one of hand made hood.

Not a huge different, but the scoops are different in size and shape and location is slightly different with the blue one having the scoops sit further back on the hood.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We finally got our "free" 05 installed on the wifes 04 GTO (& washed it to take a pic).
What do you mean by "free"? Also, did it come painted? I'd love one if I didn't have to pay so much for the paint job.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:37 PM
Staging Lane

I guess the dealer thru in the free hood. If that's the case I want to know how to persaude my dealer to get one for me.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BBM6
I guess the dealer thru in the free hood. If that's the case I want to know how to persaude my dealer to get one for me.
Exactly. When we got them down to their best price, then I said "Throw in an 05 hood & we have a deal". And to my surprise they did!
Old 04-21-2005, 09:08 AM
Staging Lane

Exactly. When we got them down to their best price, then I said "Throw in an 05 hood & we have a deal". And to my surprise they did!
Sweet.

Quick Reply: New Hood on the GTO