Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

FAST intake over a stock LS2 intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 03:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can roast first from a roll with my car bone stock. Heck, I can even get 2nd to spin from a roll at the right speed. I would say looking at the LS2 intakes, it wasnt the best design and clearly for people with heads/cam/headers/etc, it'd be a very worth while step in the right direction. Stock vs Stock + FAST might be worth it, but at the cost of the intake i'd get headers or something else that will provide more umph first.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dukedoom
Nick at Newteck Performance showed that the LS2 intske was showing vaccuum wide open....the FAST 90 intake solved that problem. The Fast intake shows improved low end torque and better upper end horse power gains as well.

The Duke
So your saying your gains are equal to a CAI with with FAST.
@ $800 dollars. Iam not seeing the FAST as a deal over a ported LS2 for
$150. Now is anyone stating that A ported LS2 is not equal to a FAST.
That's what I want to know?
Old 12-19-2005, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS24U
So your saying your gains are equal to a CAI with with FAST.
@ $800 dollars. Iam not seeing the FAST as a deal over a ported LS2 for
$150. Now is anyone stating that A ported LS2 is not equal to a FAST.
That's what I want to know?
You don't have access to the interior of the LS2 intake and the ports don't have any material to allow porting. It would be a waste IMO.

I don't know of any CAI (with back to back dyno runs) that equals the gains from the FAST. My 20 rwhp was FAST only. Stock TB. An LS2 intake will not get you there.

When you mod, you have to determine your goal and then put together the right parts that will work together to achieve the goal. Just putting parts on the car will not give you the best results.

The FAST is a necessary upgrade for those who want to maximize their NA Horsepower.

If you think it's too much money, don't get one. Others of us see it as part of the package.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 04Yukonxl
You don't have access to the interior of the LS2 intake and the ports don't have any material to allow porting. It would be a waste IMO.

I don't know of any CAI (with back to back dyno runs) that equals the gains from the FAST. My 20 rwhp was FAST only. Stock TB. An LS2 intake will not get you there.
Originally Posted by Nate_Taufer
Why dont you send your ls2 intake to be ported by lt1dave. Their ported ls2 and a ported FAST 90mm were within 5hp peak and pretty much identical curves. Plus it only costs like 150 bucks to have it ported.

Nate
So who is right???????????????
Old 12-26-2005, 12:27 AM
Teching In

A stock ported LS2 intake is not built the same....at all! No comparison. The runners are not as big,tall wide...totally different. $800 or $900 is a small price over all to get the performance I have now with the FAST and LT's. My goal is maximum performance before the blower so the last things I need is the under pulley and to have some ET 225cc heads...then an ATI procharger. The FAST and Dynatechs speak for themselves in performance gains...379rwhp and 360rwtq to a whopping 425rwhp and 419rwtq! Go to my web site....putfile.com/dukedoom and check the pics and vids and then tell me what you think.

Quick Reply: FAST intake over a stock LS2 intake