Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

05 GTO warranty???

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 06:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 05 GTO warranty???

So got a new GTO M6. Has 491 miles on it. Considering an extended warranty but not sure yet. I plan on a set of radials as well as a wet kit for it. What else can I get away with. If I put headers on, will I have to take them off when I go to have warranty work done? What other parts can I add without voiding the warranty.

Thanks in advance...
Doug
Old 02-03-2006, 05:25 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doug, you've asked some good questions. I tell customers to talk to the service manager of their dealership to find out what they will tolerate. Some dealerships are more into performance than other dealerships, which can be a real plus. Another thing that you have going for you is the fact that most dealerships don't have the amount of service work that they once did, and their mechanics are standing around with nothing to do. What this means is they will accept more warranty work without turning it away due to performance mods, than they use to. Bob
Old 02-04-2006, 01:51 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the help Bob, I appreciate your input. I'll be talking to my service manager then. Hopefully he doesn't get the wrong impression.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by patriotformula
So got a new GTO M6. Has 491 miles on it. Considering an extended warranty but not sure yet. I plan on a set of radials as well as a wet kit for it. What else can I get away with. If I put headers on, will I have to take them off when I go to have warranty work done? What other parts can I add without voiding the warranty.

Thanks in advance...
Doug
Well, they won't warranty anything you've repalced. As far as voiding the warranty, they really can't by law. They sure don't have to cover anything messed up by your mods though. So if your engine blows and it's stock, they'll cover it. If they think Nitrous did it, then you are screwed.

Quick Reply: 05 GTO warranty???