Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

455 bobcat?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 455 bobcat?

hey guys, my dealer is willing to install the 455 bobcat package without voiding my warranty. im gonna end up doing it, and iwas wondering if anybody has got rw#'s for the kit. thanks alot. just to make sure, it got the SLP long tubes, 1.85 rockers, new valve springs, hiflo cats and x pipe, underdrive pulley, air filter, and pcm tuning, while im at it, im gonna go ahead and get the volant CAI. Im not gona get the cat back bc i dont want the excess noise. thanks guys, imlooking forward to thee modding.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:16 AM
Banned

you should be around 380~390 RWHP with that package. (we get alot of drivetrain loss)
Old 03-22-2006, 09:24 AM
On The Tree

damn i guess so. I was figuring some where around 390 with the CAI instead of the cat back, i figure they just about cancel each other out. But hey, I'll take 390, im excited. Are there any more bolt on parts that I'm neglecting that could potentially get me over 400rwhp? Would new plugs and wires give me any gains?
Old 03-22-2006, 11:22 AM
Banned

Plugs and wires will help smooth out everything, but I don't see much performance gains (in big RWHP #s) from them. You can do a P&P TB and a CAI and you could hit 400RWHP.... but heres the problems with these cars... the build tollerances (for the motors), on all 3 years, is all over. Hell even the casting tollerances for the heads is insane!!! Take my car for example, all my mods are in my sig and I'm making 390RWHP (roughly 460 engine HP(from a 13~17% loss we've seen from the drivetrain and I took the lowest #s to get 460)), but I am WAAAAYYY high as compared to other cars with simular mods and tuned by the same place (average is 370 to 380). So you could make 400 RWHP from that kit, or you could make 380... Its all like a big game of Russian roulette. If you're dealer is going to warrant the package, the GO FOR IT!! you'll have plenty of power to hold you over till your warranty is up. Its no 440RWHP like your SS, but add a cam when your warranty is up and you'll be above your current #s without a S/C
Old 03-23-2006, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

Thanks a lot for the advice, and killer car by the way. Just sticking with a 90mm ported and polished TB would get me a couple hp? I didn't know if they had come out with TB's better than the stock ones yet, if so, awesome i'll be all over that. I'm definitely going for the package, there's no doubt about that, i thought it was awesome that they were going to warranty that so im gonna take advantage of it for sure.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Banned

yeah, there are guys getting it done to their stockers... I don't know if you can outright buy a new one or if you have to send yours in. but so far, no one has complained about the P&P job and all claim to have gotten gains, though small, $100 to have your TB P&P for 2 or 3 RWHP is a very good $to HP ratio....

Quick Reply: 455 bobcat?