Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

GMS pricing, will it help???

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb GMS pricing, will it help???

Ok, I know that employee pricing for everyone thing is over with but I still have hope.
So I work at a company that is a supplier to GM, so apparently we can get GM vehicles at 4% over employee pricing. Now what I wondering is would this do me any good in buying an 05 Goat off the lot? Or are they going to say that they are below that already?

When a price is negotiated, are they starting with the MSRP and throwing a 3k dealer discount on that and then whatever other discounts apply finally ending up at a price of 27-29K on a vehicle that lists for 34k???????

What I was wondering could I negotiate a price from the MSRP price and get them to agree to what ever discount and rebates they are offering, and then at the end bring up the employee pricing, having already agreed to the rebates? The employee pricing should not effect how much profit the dealer is making since this pricing is offered through the manufacturer, not the dealer. I can just see the dealer not wanting to negotiate if the employee pricing was brought in the beginning since they would say you are already getting a discount, but if you get them to agree to the discounts and rebates before???

Or is this one of those "not valid with any other offers" thing?
f*ck that noise.

Let me know what you all think
thanks
UofMn
Old 03-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Teching In

You would get GMS pricing plus any aplicable incentives. Now on an 05 ,dealers might be discounting heavily. Try getteing an online qoute without mentioning the GMS.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tsaints1115
You would get GMS pricing plus any aplicable incentives. Now on an 05 ,dealers might be discounting heavily. Try getteing an online qoute without mentioning the GMS.
How would you go about getting an online quote, I hate how online everything that has to do with price is so vague, they won't even list an asking price online just put the msrp.

UofMn
Old 03-28-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Junkie

GMS is different then GM Supplier. But with either program the Dealer has to show U the invoice if asked to, it clearly states what GMS or GM Supplier price will be before any rebates. right now there is only a $500 rebate if you do not take the special rate with GMAC.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is what you do. GM Supplier is usually only a couple hundred dollars under invoice. It all depends on the car. There are IVC's(instant value certificates) that dealerships earn by selling other cars, and they are worth anywhere from $75 to $250 at different times. Right now we have a bunch that are $250/each. They can use a maximum of 4 on a deal. BUT, they are not valid with GM employee or GM Supplier pricing. I have my pricing strategy for online, and most of the time we are quoting better than GM Supplier pricing for just a NORMAL customer(i also have 5 other chevy dealerships in 5 different directions, 4-5 miles away each, so i have stiff competition).

My advice, try to see if they have any, because i bet one IVC would put you at GM Supplier pricing. Hell, shoot me the VIN of the car you want and I'll get you "info"

Your rebates, well everyone gets those. And all you do is **** us off by waiting till the end, because the above poster is right, the GM SET pricing is right on the invoice and it's the same at every dealership. but the way i described doing things, i'd test out a couple dealerships. like i said, go to www.gmbuypower.com, put in your zipcode and look for a GTO. then go to the dealership you'd like to work with after selecting the GTO's, and you can see the window sticker. Get me the VIN that's in the upper right hand side and PM me with it.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:52 PM
TECH Junkie

and after reading your post, i was talking about GM Supplier.

If you are a TRUE GMS(GM Employee Pricing) person, then i'd have to look at the invoice to make sure the same doesn't hold true if you got 4 IVC's at $250 each.

But I'm pretty sure your GMS pricing is gonna be the best. No matter who you are, if you want the rebates, you GET them. We cannot hold them from you. The only other things I'd look into, is the March Madness rebate. It's $500 and ends soon. BUT it is only on vehicles built prior to Nov. 16th. Which would still qualify you for an '06 model. It's an extra $500 on top of whatever other rebates are out there.

So find me that VIN of one you'd like and i'll tell you where they SHOULD be, and you'll know if you are getting screwed. I've probably helped 20-30 guys on here find a Trailblazer SS and the right deals. Shoot me your zip code too and I can tell you all the rebates you should qualify for
Old 03-28-2006, 04:00 PM
TECH Junkie

yea double check 1st if your a GM Supplier or a GMS, 2 different worlds. Save U some heartache to if you go in saying your GMS and find out your actually a GM Supplier.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah, if you go to chevy.com and go for a quote, they list GMS and GM Supplier together, but when it comes across the inquiry system for the internet manager, it says only "i am a gm family price applicable buyer" or something close. JUST had this situation on Saturday with a customer on a Colorado. Was like a $1500 difference on a Colorado. Not fun to work through, but they understood
Old 03-28-2006, 04:04 PM
TECH Junkie

oh yea there is no negotiating GMS or GM Supplier price, it is what it is. I hate it when freakin GMS customers argue over price when by GM rules there is no margin to move on price. All U get is the rebate and if anything else that may apply Must be given to the GMS or GM Supplier customer, or that dealership could be pulled from the program if they try too and get caught (which they will cause GM audits them often).
Old 03-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

I am with a GM supplier, not employee. So you are saying that with the GM supplier, they have to give you all the rebates that are eligible? Are there times when a dealer is selling to a regular person that they would not get all the rebates they are eligible for??

By they way, thanks a TON for this information. I am a rookie at buying new cars and I am a little hesitant having heard so many of the horror stories.

Thanks again
UofMn
Old 03-29-2006, 06:29 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I approached GM supplier pricing on an '04 and found that it really wasn't that great of a deal. Like has been mentioned, GMS and GM Supplier are two different things.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Sometimes there is dealer cash which they do not have to disclose that they can take, but this year there hasnt been any by GM. These days selling a car is down to skin and bones. Salesmen are now making $100 mini's (its different at different dealerships)

Quick Reply: GMS pricing, will it help???