Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Torque Management

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 04:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Torque Management

OK so looking to buy a 2005 GTO, a few questions???

can i find a low miles (under 30K) for $25,000.00????? if so how because i saw a thread about how someone got a 05 brand new frfom dealler fo 26,500 what was the speacial barganing power he talked about???

I would like to know if anyone has a LS2 M6 gto with the torque management turned off ??? how much better does it feel??? Who can tune LS2's now so I can turn it off in the one I get (I am a lS1-LS6 guy so far)
Old 04-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Staging Lane

Default That was me!!!!!

I just recently purchased an 05 GTO M6, 17's, cyclone metallic grey for $26,500 + TTL (tax, titile and license, came to about $1700 up here in MN). This was a new car with 140 miles on it, never been titled btw.
This is a very obtainable price for anyone, no special skills needed.
First off, make sure the conquest rebate is still active and that you are eligible for it. To be eligible you have to own a non-gm car or just simply have one registered to your same address that you live at. I used a car my parents own that was registered to the same address as my license. So the conquest rebate is worth $1000. Then there should be $2500 in rebates on the 05's.
Right there thats $3500 in rebates off the sticker price, but there is more. Since the 05's have been sitting on the lots for a long time now dealers are willing to get rid of them. I just emailed every pontiac dealer in my area and said exactly what I wanted and what I was going to pay. I got a TON of calls back the next day. Most dealers were saying there is no way they could do that. They are lying. At $26500 they are still making a little profit, don't let them tell you otherwise. They will make is sound like they are losing money, but they just aren't making as much as they want, so I guess is a sense they are losing money they COULD have had. Here is the exact email I send out.

I am looking for a 2005 GTO
With the current rebates ending tomarrow the 4th I
am prepared to purchase by tomarrow. I am looking for a 2005 Pontiac GTO,
6-speed manual, with the 17" wheels. The only colors I do not want are
yellow or red. I would prefer black or blue. I have already test drove
both the automatics and manuals and would like a manual. I am eligble for
the following rebates:
$2500 factory incentives
$500 march madness
$1000 conquest rebate
I am also available for GM supplier pricing but I feel I can get a better
deal buying as a regular customer.
I am willing to pay $26,500 + T.T.L.after all rebates.

Stick to your guns and you should get a good deal. You might have to be a little flexible on the color but there is still plenty out there.

UofMn

BTW, I was a little hesitant about getting this car at first, but after driving it for 3000 miles I love it, goes like a raped ape in any gear!!!
Old 04-18-2006, 08:03 AM
TECH Resident

also whats the deal with turning up the factory amp how much does this help the radio
Old 04-18-2006, 02:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by pontiac
also whats the deal with turning up the factory amp how much does this help the radio
It only changes the bass from the rear speakers, but once adjusted properly it isnt bad. The overall sound quality of the stereo still sucks.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:43 PM
zmw
Teching In

does anyone have a definitive answer on the torque management, i just recently bought an 06 and after reading about some of the TM stories, i'm about 90% convinced it exists (sometimes the car just seems slow, other times it's all raped ape style...)

If it exists (does it?) how do i get rid of it....

-z
Old 04-19-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Resident

ok i under stand the radio thing, turn off the distortion management, and turn amp up. but still need answers on torque management, and what should a used 2005 go for?
Old 04-19-2006, 01:09 PM
11 Second Club

the only way to get rid of torque management is to have it tuned or get a predator. youd have to call shops around you if you want to find a local tuner, buyt if your in BFE you mught be better off buying the predator. i cant speak for the M6, but the A4s are sooooo much better without it
Old 04-19-2006, 02:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CSiJason
It only changes the bass from the rear speakers, but once adjusted properly it isnt bad. The overall sound quality of the stereo still sucks.
What Jason said.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The speakers are just fine, it's the crappy head unit that can't handle the power. All I did was replace my head unit with a nice Alpine unit and I find the speakers are able to take me up to my comfort threshold with little or no distortion. But, I'm not playing cRAP on it either.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:25 PM
zmw
Teching In

where can i find some more information on the predator? are there downloadable maps, i mean really all i want is to get rid of any torque management, i don't have any desire to change fuel map or timing or anything else (at least for now...) this is a whole new game for me having come from the turbo world.

-Z
Old 04-19-2006, 10:56 PM
11 Second Club

youll find more info on it over at ls1gto.com. they come with a 2 different maps i believe. and there was one vendor over there that would tune it for you, all you had to do was datalog a run, send it to them, and they would send you a custom map. search around over there and youll find a lot more info
Old 04-20-2006, 12:34 AM
TECH Resident

someone on ls1gto is telling me that once you turn tcs off ttaction control off that the torque management is turned off as well on the M6's any one got an opionon??
Old 04-20-2006, 06:36 AM
Launching!

There are no programmablity on the tq mgt on the GTO, TC on or off.

You'll have to get get software change through a canned tune like Predator or programmable via laptop like HPTuners. Not sure if Predator will 100% remove it, but HP Tuners will.

Torque Mgt. is there to match traction and weight of the car. If you don't increase the handling ablity of the car or traction, then we hope you can drive as we don't want to hear about punching it in 2nd gear and wrapping it around a pole.

I suggest replacing rubber with poly, shocks and springs, and lighter wheels and softer rubber.

Good luck!
Old 04-20-2006, 10:41 AM
TECH Resident

I can handle the car. rest asure of that, I have had cars sideways down roads all my life. from go carts, to dune buggys, to cars with more power so is not a concern. just dont like having a computer telling mr when to ajust something.

Quick Reply: Torque Management